AVP - Business Development & Recruitment at Career Experts
Views:3717 Applications:244 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:41
Assistant Vice President - Corporate Finance/Financial Planning & Analysis - BFSI - CA (9-15 yrs)
The Incumbent will own and manage the relationship with Wealth Analytical Service/business partner with COO business leader. The role will be responsible to manage and evaluate the forecasting, budgeting and strategic planning activities. Provide financial planning, reporting and analytics support to business partners to help achieve financial and operational objectives while ensuring that the vision aligns with the firm's overall objectives. The role will also be responsible for establishing and managing cost accounting mechanisms to manage both cost transfers (including transfer pricing concerns in partnership with the local controllers) and to measure productivity/efficiency in the operation.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Budgeting/Forecasting: Works directly with Functional Leadership on all budgeting/forecasting input, processing, reporting and analytical requirements (both capital and P&L); performs Excel and query-based analyses of financial data; initiates, develops and implements improvements to financial reporting processes; guides and educates finance peers and functions on the use of the global reporting tools.
- Analytical/reporting responsibilities: Performs variance analysis immediately following month-end as part of the control environment; provides Functional Leadership with monthly and YTD analysis of key cost drivers supporting actual vs budget expense variances; includes providing an understanding of run-rate expenses, internal/operating company business initiatives as well as cost efficiency initiatives and their impact on the results; reviews expense allocations and allocation methodologies as appropriate.
- Define a process to ensure transparency of reporting to BU/ Countries
- Maintain a credible, proactive, responsive and service focused relationship with the local partners, company Services Delivery Leads and global FP&A colleagues
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are met to the highest standard and that high-quality processes and controls exist throughout the operation
Cost Accounting / Productivity Tracking
- Establish an automated cost tracking process to support expense analytics and cost distribute to BU / Countries purchasing services from Global Service Delivery
- In partnership with controllers, ensure appropriate transfer pricing arrangements are in place and that billing is both accurate and timely
- In partnership with the business, define productivity and efficiency metrics. Support the calculation and reporting of such metrics.
Coordinates with Controllership on the monthly financial close; includes coordinating preparation of journal entries (which are processed by Controllership), coordinating on account reconciliations and account analysis; reviews all general ledger activity related to the function(s) and coordinates and/or provides month-end accruals as appropriate.
- Manages and delivers special projects: implements standard reporting metric; partners with finance leadership to assist in the development of integrated forecasting, budgeting and reporting process; standardizes iProcurement financial reporting, capex tracking and service and project spending analysis.
- Streamline financial activities and procedures to improve efficiency and reduce redundancy in reporting
- Communicate, support and participate in the creation and implementation of regional/global financial and operational initiatives
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Chartered Accountant or related degree in finance, accounting, business
- Experience - 9+ years of progressive experience in an FP&A role within GICs or Banking Industry
- Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to engage, manage and influence team members and senior stakeholders.
- Ability to build relationships with business leaders and influence and advice key decisions.
- Strong project management skills with ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of comfort with data and financial systems.
- Ability to identify and break down complex issues and resolve in a simplistic manner using available resources, information, knowledge of business
- Ability to utilize financial analysis capabilities to advise the business on achieving financial and productivity goals.
- Proficiency in cost accounting and associated metrics reporting is also required.
- The candidate must have a drive to automate and systemize processes as the role will require transition from manual to systemic processes working within company's financial infrastructure.
- Results-focused, analytical approach with a strong customer / client service ethos.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.