Assistant Vice President - Core Forecasting - Credit Portfolio - BFS (7-14 yrs)
Assistant Vice President - Core Forecasting
The work schedule is Monday - Wednesday, 1 PM - 10 PM IST and Thursday - Friday, 11 AM - 8 PM IST
- Bachelor's degree/PG in a quantitative discipline; Math, Finance, Statistics, Economics or equivalent work/training is required; advanced degree is preferred
- 3+ years of related analytical experience
- Deep credit risk experience in one or more US consumer credit portfolios (i.e. U.S. Mortgage,
- Home Equity, Credit Card, Automotive, Lease, Business Banking)
- Knowledge of the Forecasting process, macroeconomics and finance preferred
- Strong technical and statistical skills. Ability to synthesize data and communicate to leadership in a concise and effective manner, both verbally and written
- Focused attention to detail, analytical & inquisitive with high standards for quality and accuracy
- History of effective multi-tasking, expectation setting, and escalation of issues, where appropriate
- Project Management Skills -- well-organized, structured approach. Ability to achieve tight timelines on complex deliverables. Ability to manage and prioritize projects across cross-functional groups
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interact with individuals across departments / functions and with senior-level individuals
- Able to work effectively under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment in order to meet deadlines
- Collaborative, team-oriented, passionate about supporting our internal / external clients
- Self-starter, able to take the initiative and operate independently on a daily basis
- Strong understanding of controls and dedicated to continuously improving processes
- Exhibited leadership and desire to oversee the development of credit analysts in the team
- 2+ years of SAS (including SAS Macros) & SQL programming experience (PC, UNIX or mainframe).
- Knowledge of Tableau preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel and PowerPoint, experience with Essbase a plus)
- Ability to analyze data and forecast results in a business and financial context
- Explain the variations in loss forecast model outputs based on portfolio trends, planned business actions and model components/assumptions
- Understand how inputs and outputs are generated and ability to modify inputs and output for what if scenario or regression testing of the models.
- Analyzing the impact of evolving standards such as Basel capital and CECL on forecast needs and business decisions.
- Perform allowance impact analysis on various scenarios to support key business decisions
- Estimation of model overlay or management adjustment to be added to raw model output
- Work closely with upstream and downstream partners to communicate outcomes and analysis
- Support all results through appropriate documentation
- Manage various monthly and quarterly reporting and commentary including slide and deck preparation with attention to accuracy and deadlines
- Develop enhanced reporting through use of automation, if required, such as excel macros or SAS programming as needed
- Manage ad hoc analysis; starting with identifying the opportunities and issues, collecting data, analyzing and presenting the data
- Presenting findings, recommendations and presentations to Senior Management.
- Expected to work on multiple projects with limited guidance.
- Effectively mentoring other analysts to help them develop their risk management skills and knowledge
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.