Assistant Consultant at Huquo
Views:700 Applications:159 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Assistant Vice President - Analytics - General Insurance (9-13 yrs)
Assistant Vice President - General Insurance
- Expected to work in close collaboration with the team and clients on analytics projects for general insurance related to pricing, claim analysis, Underwriting, data management, etc.
- Predictive modeling based GLM for commercial lines, developing statistical models in R, Python, SAS.
- Data management and governance.
- Doing independent research, analyze, and present data as assigned
- Critically examine and deep dive into models
- Prepare detailed documentation of analytical solutions and preparing presentations
- Assist in learning and development of new team members
- Identify and participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure compliance with Data Privacy and Protection Guidelines
- Participate in business development acitivities
Key Responsibilities :
- Strong ability to translate functional specifications / requirements to technical requirements
- Complete understanding of the current state of affairs and problem statement
- Experience in data extraction and data manipulation.
- Ability to understand data models and identify ETL optimization opportunities. Exposure to ETL tools is preferred.
- In-depth data analysis like identifying major trends, univariate and multi-variate analysis
- Developing analytical solutions and models leveraging advance analytical tools - SAS/Python/R, etc.
- Personal and commercial lines general insurance pricing, application of GLM using Emblem or other tools. Building the loss cost models in SAS/ R/ Python/ Emblem by applying the GLM technique, involving identifying and analyzing the trends in the rating factors, and correlations among them.
- Building a simple factor model, followed by interaction testing and simplification of the rating factors and applying the inflation and reserving adjustments for future projections, validating the model and model management.
Process Automation : Knowledge of general insurance domain and commercial lines experience is must
Candidate Profile :
- 9+ years experience in general insurance including pricing, claim, Underwriting, data management, etc. Preference to have experience in machine learning, advance statistical techniques, AI and process improvement.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Excellent in project management, team management and conflict management skills
- Good knowledge of data base management and Hadoop/Spark, SQL, VBA.
- Bachelors/Master's degree in economics, mathematics, computer science/engineering, operations research or related analytics areas; candidates with BA/BS degrees in the same fields from the top tier academic institutions are also welcome to apply
- Model development experience in R, Python, SAS
- Strong and in-depth understanding of statistics
- Data analysis experience
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in fast pace continuously evolving environment and ready to take up uphill challenges
- Is able to understand cross cultural differences and can work with clients across the globe
- Should be able to lead team independently and prepare/manage client ready deliverable.