Assistant Manager - Taxation - Consulting Firm - CPA (2-6 yrs)
US partnership tax ( Hedge Fund)
We are recruiting for Senior Associate/ Assistant Manager at Business Tax services team. Working as a Assistant Manager in this team, your responsibilities will include :
- Review of Federal tax returns and other informational forms as prescribed by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for US based Investment Partnership Clients (Private Equity (PE), Hedge Fund (HF) etc.)
- Review of Private Equity and Hedge Funds specific Book to Tax analysis, Taxable Income Calculations, and partner allocations. (including an understanding of Hedge Fund revaluation accounts and aggregation.)
- Responsible for reviewing ECI, FDAP and Foreign Withholding Information for foreign investors-1042/1042S, 8804/8805.
- Review of various Hedge Funds book to tax adjustment/reclasses like Wash sales, PFIC, Straddle, Sec 1256/988, Dividend (QDI) etc.
- Responsible for providing training on PE and HF to new hires and coaching tax professionals
- Review of international tax filings such as PFICs, CFCs, and foreign information reporting (Form 926, Form 8865, Form 8621, Form 5471, etc.)
- Review of debt vs. equity analysis, UBTI, and other analysis required to compute a private equity fund's taxable income
- Review tax returns prepared by staff and make recommendations regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities.
- Manage client's engagements from start to finish (planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects). Responsible for monitoring engagement budgets and workflow
- Supervise, train, and mentor staff and New Joiners on tax projects.
- Responsible for managing 4-6 people in the team
- Responsible for development and performance management of the team.
- Proactively interact with client management team to gather information, resolve tax-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Support the Engagement Manager in pursuits, proposals and engagement reporting.
- Proficient on Go System and other Tax Compliance tools
Job Requirements :
Mandatory Skills :
- Minimum graduate from reputable universities with excellent academic result, majoring in Accounting or Finance Experience
- The candidate must have 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in a similar role, preferably in a Big 4 Firm
- Strong tax accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP and tax compliance and understanding of Federal taxes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs, including spreadsheet programs (i.e. Excel)
- Broad exposure to federal income taxation and knowledge of tax regulations
Preferred Skills :
- Personal drive and positive work ethic to deliver results within tight deadlines and in demanding situations without compromising on quality and ethical standards and values
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Leadership and personnel management skills, Analytical skills with detail orientation.
- Team player; self-driven and ability to work independently as well as able to motivate team members
Preferred Credential : CPA or Enrolled Agent