Recruitment specialist at Credence HR Services
Views:180 Applications:29 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Assistant Manager - Taxation - BFSI (4-6 yrs)
Assistant Manager - UK Taxation
- Working with the on-shore team to maintain an excellent relationship with key stakeholders in business unit finance teams and other head office functions, to coordinate aspects Tax reporting
- Plan and schedule work to meet deliverable time lines
- Reviewing reports for expenses disallowable for tax purposes or expense that are capital in nature.
- Review the analysis of Benefit in kind expenses returns for review by the Group Tax Specialist.
- Review and preparation of Corporation tax computation.
- Review and preparation of VAT returns
- Support special projects on VAT claims/reclaims/process enhancements
- Review analysis of chargeable gain tax
- Build controls and perform reconciliations to ensure the expenses match with numbers reported in Regulatory/Statutory returns.
- Technical accounting knowledge of UK GAAP (FRS 102/101) and consolidation principles
- To consistently identify and implement new ways to improve the quality of work and also improve the means of working on the tax returns.
- Ensure compliance and governance framework is in place to provide adequate audit trail
- Assist with project work as and when required.
- Be responsible to introduce and implement controls for each process.
- Ensure all process related documentations are timely updated to show changes.
- Be responsible to build constructive rapport with stakeholder through meetings, discussions and encouraging feedbacks.
- Ensure adequate cross-training of team members.
- To demonstrate a positive risk, compliance and control culture through the identification, assessment, monitoring and management of risks and issues within the business area, alongside ensuring timely and appropriate resolution of control weaknesses, actions and failures that arise