Decision Maker at Orsus Consulting Services
Views:427 Applications:89 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Assistant Manager - Taxation - Accounting Firm (3-10 yrs)
Key Focus: The primary focus of this role is to assist in tax compliances, in-house routine advisory and be of contact with the authorities for GST audits in different states, should have basic knowledge of income tax laws & able to handle independently TDS/TCS compliances viz monthly payments, quarterly returns, reconciliation etc.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Indirect Tax (75%):
- Monitoring, managing and closing of old litigations and refunds under old indirect tax regimes of North and Central region. Experience with respect to various amnesty scheme shall be added advantage.
- Co-ordinate with the regulatory authorities/consultants/external parties for pre-GST/GST audits. Hands on experience with respect to Departmental indirect tax audits/assessments especially North, West and Central Region.
- Good conceptual knowledge of the GST provisions and E-waybill provisions. Provide timely and accurate indirect tax advisory support on routine matters to business units
- Support filing of GST monthly, annul compliances/reconciliations for multiple states
- Keep the litigation tracker up to date and MIS with appropriate tax provisioning
- Adaptability and flexibility to travel and visit officers in different States
Direct Tax (25%):
- Reconciliation of TDS/TCS ledger to make monthly payment of TDS/TCS to govt.
- Able to handle filing of TDS/TCS quarterly returns. Clearing of o/s demands from TRACES by revising returns. Handling queries received from teams pertaining to TDS/TCS deduction & providing timely response.
- Assist in workings of Advance Tax, DTA/DTL, Tax Audit, other direct tax annual compliances/ assessments
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience:
- Chartered Accountant (CA)/MBA with post qualification work experience of 3+ years in a corporate environment. Big4 experience shall be added advantage.
- Should be well-versed with the taxation rules, concepts and updates related to the Income Tax Act
- Should be familiar with rules and regulations related to GST, VAT & Excise
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.