HR at Leading Investment Bank
Views:1599 Applications:60 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Assistant Manager - Strategic Sourcing & Demand Management - Software Category - Investment Bank (4-5 yrs)
Investment Bank - Strategic Sourcing & Demand Management (SSDM) - Assistant Manager
Opportunity with Leading Investment Bank
Job Responsibilities (i.e. key task profile, managerial responsibilities, etc.) :
- Working in conjunction with the Expense Line Owner (ELOs), Divisional CAO's and Senior Stakeholders (collectively - internal stakeholders- ) the IT Category Manager - Software Category will identify and execute best practice Sourcing strategies to improve the way in which goods and services are provided.
- You will negotiate with the vendors to ensure that Nomura receives the best commercial deal available. The individual will liaise and work with Corporate Legal to ensure that agreements and service levels are appropriately drafted and mitigate any risk for the firm.
- The cost base must be managed to ensure that Nomura gets good value for money, whilst ensuring that services are provided reliably to a high standard. You must have experience of purchasing management of Software and associated Professional Services.
Candidate will be expected to:
- Manage Software category (in close partnership with stakeholders and our suppliers) developing and implementing integrated, end-to-end supply chain strategies for Stakeholders across Nomura's wholesale business.
- Ensure timely renewals of all software's and associated support to ensure maximum commercial benefit to Nomura. Simultaneously developing preferred supplier arrangement.
- Play internal and external - Sales- role by growing and expanding the SSDM business model across the region. Act as Senior Advocate for Nomura Expense Management Framework.
- Ensure interaction is cross functional and partner with internal stakeholders both locally, regional and globally to share knowledge and best practice across functions maximizing both sourcing and demand savings. Persuades, negotiates and influences at a senior level with key stakeholders.
- Possesses excellent communications skills and the talent for maintaining communications and engagement with virtual teams, especially during times of transition, expansion and integration.
- Provide commercial guidance, support and advice to internal stakeholders.
- Leverage new and existing sourcing arrangements to facilitate demand cost savings and process efficiencies.
- Regularly review spend to track compliance to negotiated arrangement and take corrective action to maximize savings realization.
- Manage to Saves Targets. Validate cost savings, track savings realization and report on cost savings to the relevant stakeholder groups. Deliver against challenging save targets in partnership with key operational owners.
Requirements (i.e. education, years of experience, specific skills & systems).
- Ideally a minimum 4 to 5 years of strategic sourcing and procurement experience in the software category.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of the complexity in managing the software category with an ability to get buy-in from diverse stakeholder groups to the changes proposed.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills with ability to interact at all levels
- Ability to instill confidence in team and stakeholders and persevere to deliver results that exceed expectations
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Consulting experience preferred but not essential
- eSourcing experience ideally Ariba