Assistant Manager - Research & Insights - TMT - Big4 (5-9 yrs)
Assistant Manager - Research & Insights - TMT Hyderabad
TMT Center Team - Assistant Manager
Company's TMT industry practice works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by regulatory changes, competition, globalization, advances in technology, and the changing demands of their customers. Its cross-functional industry group provides a spectrum of consulting, assurance, tax, and advisory services to a broad range of TMT companies. We have a high-performing team with rich experience across the Technology, Media & Entertainment, and Telecommunications (TMT) sectors. The company's Center for Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT Center) conducts research and develops insights to help business leaders to see their options more clearly. Beneath the surface of new technologies and trends, the Center's research will help executives simplify complex business issues and frame smart questions that can help companies compete- and win- both today and in the near future.
The TMT team works on projects (point of views, thought ware, thematic papers, and articles) involving primary and secondary research. In addition to being subject matter specialists in their respective sectors/domains, each member excels at research (primary & secondary), analysis (qualitative & quantitative), writing, and presentation. In addition to core research skills and industry knowledge, we have self-driven professionals who can handle ambiguity and perform under high-pressure situations.
TMT industry practice works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by regulatory changes, competition, globalization, advances in technology, and the changing demands of their customers.
Beneath the surface of new technologies and trends, the Center's research will help executives simplify complex business issues and frame smart questions that can help companies compete- and win- both today and in the near future.
Work you will do :
The successful candidate will perform industry and company deep-dive research - focused on thought leadership projects in technology, media, and telecommunications (TMT). The professional needs to develop research ideas, formulate hypotheses, and validate them, analyze quantitative and qualitative data, synthesize findings, and demonstrate strong business writing and presentation skills. The professional will work with project leads and senior members in both US and India (referred to as US-India or USI).
The professional will be required to :
- Conduct advanced level research, analysis, and writing in TMT - assist and support TMT research/project leads in building eminence for TMT practice in the marketplace.
- Support research proposals and projects being developed by TMT project leads by contributing to the research projects end-to-end: developing research hypotheses and questions, performing comprehensive and targeted secondary research, analyzing data (qualitative and quantitative), validating research hypotheses, extracting insights, and synthesizing findings.
- Work with project leads to understand, refine, and help them manage stakeholder expectations and priorities.
- Apply established research tools and methodologies/research techniques (e.g. in-depth financial analysis, case studies, and econometrics) to support business decision-making.
- Conduct in-depth, comprehensive data analysis to form or validate the hypotheses - as part of which, understand and identify key factors and issues that address the research questions, determine cause-effect relationship with respect to research problem, gather required data, analyze and interpret data, participate in brainstorming sessions to come up with the best possible solutions, and be part of the solution implementation process.
- Demonstrate strong writing skills as required for market/industry/company-intelligence and thought leadership reports, including strong structuring and storyboarding skills.
- Write high-quality research briefs/reports that are well-structured, organized and synthesized based on inferences and findings from the collected data/information. These will be used by senior project leads/team members in final deliverables targeted at the executive audience.
- Being autonomous and independently managing all aspects of the project to ensure outcomes, and meet deadlines by demonstrating a high level of ownership, accountability, and productivity.
- Prior exposure to business research/thought leadership in TMT industry
- Hands-on experience in one of the 3 areas is preferred (Technology / Telecom / Media & Entertainment)
- Overall 5-9 years of research experience, with at least 3 years in TMT industry - including strong understanding of major TMT industry trends, and their impact on companies globally, including ability to analyze the impact of current competitive, regulatory, marketplace issues and trends on the sector or industry; knows the industry's or sector's linkages to other industries and the economy, and vice-versa.
- At least 3 years of experience in independently performing end-to-end research (company/industry research analysis in TMT industry) :
a. Developing research hypotheses based on the identified research questions
b. Performing data analysis using specific research methods
c. Extracting/generating insights that validate the research hypotheses
d. Writing and presenting short/long-form deliverables that capture the key insights.
- Experience in one or more of the following research methods : Data modeling, financial analysis, statistical analysis (testing samples), Econometrics.
- Proficiency in using research tools/databases including Factiva, Thomson Research, Gartner, Forrester, SNL Kagan, and D&B Hoover's.
- Solid skills in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- An ability to build professional relationships, a spirit of co-operation, and a flexible approach to work are required.
- Experience in working with US clients/stakeholders is a plus. Since the job requires significant coordination with US colleagues, exposure to working in virtual teams and the ability to network with US counterparts are vital and critical.
- Solid attention to detail and ability to handle large datasets.
- Strong problem-solving, storyboarding, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in a fast-paced research environment.
- Highly developed personal and professional ethics are expected.
Educational Requirement s:
- Any Graduation Degree (Engineering/Commerce preferred)
- Professional qualification (reputed institutes preferred)
a. MBA/PGDBM equivalent, or,
b. Master's degree in International Business, or,
c. Any other Master's Degree like MBE/MFC
- Preferred (but not a pre-requisite) - Certifications demonstrating proficiency in SPSS, R-programming, and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire) will be an added advantage.
Job Location : Hyderabad
Work Timings : 11 AM - 8 PM
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.