Assistant Manager - Research & Development - Food Processing Firm (5-10 yrs)
The R&D assistant manager is responsible for overseeing the entire development process of new products, from the initial planning phase to implementation or production as per the business needs and market trends.
1. Oversee the entire development process of new products
2. Keep track of all the costs related to the creation of new products and decide what ideas are worth pursuing
3. Independently initiates, investigates, and implements significant new formulations, process improvements, and cost savings projects
4. Acts as a Subject Matter Expert on formulation / processing issues related to products
5. Evaluates and makes recommendations concerning the application of new ingredient / processing technologies.
6. Uses problem solving process in project work.
7. Develops and maintains project plans, identifying critical paths and resources required.
8. Maintains an accurate record of work activities: objectives of test, accurate formulas, processing conditions, required equipment and equipment setup
9. Questions processes, procedures and policies. Fully investigates, develops, and presents alternatives for implementation.
10. Customer interactions to understand their needs and to give technical support
11. Responsible for EHS and Food Safety Compliance pertaining to the area of operation under control.
12. Masters in Oil Technology is must.