Assistant Manager - Procurement - BPO/ITeS (6-10 yrs)
The Astt. Manager - Procurement is responsible for all procurement and contracting services of the company and is to ensure effective and timely provision of these services through supervision, guidance and support to the procurement team.
Job responsibilities include the following:
- Compliance: Astt. Manager - Procurement will ensure that all procurement and contracting decisions function according to the policies and procedures.
- Procurement & Acquisition: Manage the procurement of goods and services for operations including the following:
- Have a good understanding of the existing procurement policies and procedures and then implement continuous reviews/improvements where necessary to ensure that the team receives uninterrupted supplies and services.
- Monitor, review and control costs within budgetary constraints and in line with policies and procedures.
- Establish and implement a monitoring system that will ensure value for money; that prices paid for goods and services are in line with local market prices.
- Ensure that procurement processes are conducted in a transparent and competitive manner and properly documented as required, and in compliance with the policies.
- Plan, organize and lead the bid solicitation process including drafting and issuing request for quotations, request for procurement, develop bid evaluation criteria and guide clients on processes involved.
- Review and analyze RFP and price quotations, proposed contracts and suppliers- bills, and other procurement documents and paperwork prior to submission.
- Takes lead in screening and reviewing bids and quotations and negotiating contracts, reviewing final contract language, supplier's bills etc.
- Perform cost and price analysis; analyze the proposal or quotes received.
- Analyze contractor's proposed budgets negotiate and draft contracts.
- Oversee the selection and review of applications and selection of vendors. Ensure the integrity of the competitive process, facilitate bidder debriefings and exercise appropriate judgement and tact while ensuring the protection of confidential information.
- Oversee the preparation of service delivery contracts, leases and purchase orders for all acquisition needs.
- Ensure that all procurement records are properly maintained and secured. This includes the maintenance of procurement files and a vendor tracking system as well as other relevant documentation.
- Manage relationship with vendors to ensure completeness of deliverables.
- Work closely with the Finance Team to ensure the execution of payments terms outlined in the purchase orders and contracts. The Procurement Executive will be responsible for following through on all procurement and acquisition contractual obligations.
- Work with requestors to ensure that specifications are accurate and complete, samples provided where necessary, and deliverables complete and correct in accordance with contract terms.
- Maintain contract files and records, prepare reports on closing out purchase orders and contracts which have ended. Prepare correspondence and reports relative to procurement function.
- Ensure that a suitable contract database and protocol for ongoing supplier management is in place.
- Documentation and Payment Processing: Astt. Manager - Procurement will work with relevant team members to ensure adequate documentation is secured in support of various expenses.