AVP People Practice at Medi Assist
Views:258 Applications:59 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
Assistant Manager - Payroll & Benefits Management - BFSI (4-6 yrs)
This is for India Payroll and Statutory Compliance role. It is individual contribution role. Job description- Payroll and Benefit expert would be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate payroll operations management at all times including holistic administration of the end to end payroll processing.
One-point Payroll contact, he/she would collaborate with HRBPs, Talent Acquisition, Finance, Technology and stake holders from Business across the locations, ensuring a smooth & error free payroll experience for all employees, keeping in check all related Government & company based compliance.
a. Day-to-day operational decisions of non- financial nature
c. Recommendations to HR budget creation
d. Recommendations for compensation & policies
a. Salary, Gratuity trust related aspects
b. Statutory compliance & External and Internal auditors on all audit related aspects
c. Third party vendors: maintenance, troubleshooting and plan for HRMS Payroll platform
d. Payroll processing.
1. Liaise with all internal & external stakeholders/customers in preparing month on month payroll for the company, hence ensuring timely & accurate salary disbursements to all Employees, Trainees & Consultants.
2. Process all payment requests such as incentives, bonus, severance, and overtime, notice period buyouts, etc. as per the applicable policies.
3. Address & resolve grievances as & when they come in, within swift timelines and respond professionally & accurately to inquiries related to payroll earnings, deductions, taxes, etc. through verbal or helpdesk tickets.
4. Ensure all email queries are responded in a given time period without unnecessary delays.
5. Process all statutory payments & employee benefits on a timely basis for filing of returns for the same as per the local compliances as per the applicable act.
6. Ensure preparation & finalization of the annual activity (Form 16) of all employees within the prescribed time period, including applicable provisions for the year.
7. Coordinate with the HR Operations on employee data changes and benefits as recorded in the HR Information system from time to time and maintain real time data in the repository for audits.
8. Prepare and input journal entries for all payroll payments & accruals, and reconcile all payroll accounts monthly and share it with finance on regular basis.
9. Liaise between internal cross functional team, external payroll vendors & employees to provide full support in resolving all important queries on time.
10. Prepare detailed & accurate reports for management as requested such as manpower for other compensation projects.
11. Obtain complete working knowledge of the leave management system & any other internal employee attendance/leave management platforms being used.
12. Support all audits on payroll related matters. Document all processes stringently & deliberately, setting a high bar for Payroll management & efficient knowledge transfer to new recruits.
13. Identify process improvements to drive efficiencies and best practices in payroll processes & management.
14. Manage the payroll process end to end, often reporting to the Finance & ensuring all data requests are met with as also any ad- hoc reports upon business requirements.
15. Monthly Group payroll reporting with correct team structures and updated payroll numbers.
1. Managing dependencies on other functions while ensuring timely and accurate deliverables
2. Managing multiple stakeholders