Assistant Manager - Operational Risk & Compliance - Banking Captive (3-6 yrs)
An opportunity with a banking captive as Assistant Manager.
Job Description :
The CFO Operational Risk & Compliance Oversight (CFO ORCO) Team provides support to CFO function and works to ensure consistent risk management globally. The function is an independent risk partner within the 1st line of defense, but the key point of contact for second and third line of defense across the enterprise.
- Preparation and presentation of reporting material and discussions relating to risk and governance forums
- Support various operational risk management activities and reporting / assessments
- Assist in executing various SOX initiatives supporting Internal Control over Financial Reporting.
- Provide governance over select key regulatory reports including supporting testing / QA / CFO's attestation of these reports
- Support review of Manual Journal entries and Balance Sheet reconciliation across the Bank.
- Assist in development of training material and conduct sessions to familiarize and drive adoption of risk related policies and programs
- Coordinate with Points of Contacts and Coordinators on initiatives & control projects implementation, track progress to provide consolidated summary and reporting on status
- Chartered Accountant or CPA designation / Master's degree or equivalent in Accounting and/or Finance ,Certifications If Any
Experience Range - 3-5 years experience
Foundational skills :
- Ability to drive risk framework related discussions, present information in risk forums
- Prior experience with Risk and Control / Governance, with a finance background
- Ability to understand processes, identify and escalate risks and propose solutions to mitigate risks
- Strong Leadership, influencing, communication and presentation skills
- Strong relationship management skills to navigate the complexities of aligning senior stakeholders, building consensus and resolving conflicts in a large, distributed organization
- Ability to engage with management at various levels on risk management and related compliance matters
- Proven ability to manage multiple and often competing priorities in a global environment; Ability to drive initiatives with a track record of successful change and making difficult decisions
- Ability to decompose complex issues and drive timely decisions, knowing when to engage others for additional input, and when to act independently
Desired skills :
- Experience in a role relating to Operational Risk, SOX, or a Finance specific risk & governance role
- Big 4 or banking /financial services industry experience preferred
Work Timings : 11:30 am to 8:30 pm
Job Location : Mumbai
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.