Assistant Manager - Monitoring & Compliance Testing - eCommerce (6-10 yrs)
The Company Compliance team plays a critical role in the successful execution of the firm's compliance mission. The Compliance function ensures the development and maintenance of a strong culture by developing and maintaining a program that identifies, measures and monitors compliance with applicable laws, regulations that govern our business. Compliance team works closely with business, legal, risk functions to provide expertise on regulatory compliance matters, monitor and test the adequacy of the Compliance environment of the Firm.
The Testing team is responsible for the timely and effective management and execution of the Compliance testing program. As a member of the Compliance Testing team, the individual reports into the Manager, Compliance and is based in Bangalore, India. The individual should have an audit or compliance monitoring/testing background with a strong risk and control mindset, and is responsible to assess compliance with regulations and policies through reviews conducted across the various product types and instruments types used or issued within Company and affiliated businesses.
- Attend the walkthroughs and perform the control design effectiveness assessments (CDEA)for all Financial services products /functions within Company .
- Contribute and point-out risks of the product/service during pre-planning work .
- Prepare the control checklist required for the review for each regulatory and unregulated functions
- Designing work programs and executing steps, meeting deadlines to evaluate compliance with rules and regulations.
- Interacting with senior heads of business and compliance as part of scoping, control design assessment, reporting findings and offering solutions to address control gaps or enhance processes.
- Formulate questions to be asked during walkthroughs and lead walkthrough when called upon
- Identify controls after attending a walkthrough, specifically those related to the risks noted
- Provide rough drafts of issue documentation, identifying the important parts required.
- Define testing scripts, coordinate with respective development teams to run the same during the review process and evaluate the outcome along with the manager .
- Good eye for detailing
Compliance Assurance (preferably also from a financial services e.g. banks, NBFC,Fintech etc) or is a former financial services /industry employee that has led audits/ examinations/ compliance reviews /quality assessments /quality tests where the focus was Controls Testing (which very importantly includes (i) assessing the design of controls, and (ii) whether the controls are operating effectively) would be a good candidate. The aforementioned would be the key & critical foundation. Basic AML/ OFAC experience would be preferred.
At least 6 years of audit, compliance testing or monitoring, or relevant Compliance experience.
- Passion for technical compliance and be interested in conducting wide-scale investigative reviews.
- Have a good appreciation of the regulations applicable in India.
- Highly detail-oriented, motivated, curious individual with good time-management skills, analytical and communication skills
- Quick and sharp individual who relishes the challenges of understanding and interpreting regulations and processes across different businesses and jurisdictions.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills. The candidate should have the ability to establish credibility and strong partnerships with senior business leaders, control functions and corporate partners globally.
- Excellent written skills, and ability to prepare clear, concise reports with minimal supervision.
- Have an audit and / or relevant industry qualifications, or a university degree.
- Proficiency in Excel and SQL is a preferred skill to have.