Consultants at V&V HR Consultants
Views:1615 Applications:48 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:42
Assistant Manager - Materials - Metallurgist - Manufacturing (5-10 yrs)
We are looking for a metallurgy expert for our client, a Pune based Swiss MNC engaged in manufacturing of high pressure compressors.
Professionals with only Metallurgy as qualification & meeting below described criteria need to apply.
Education & Experience - BE / ME (Metallurgy) with work experience of 5-10 years in foundry engineering industry with project type of business
- Develop patterns, castings & forging parts as required for existing & future compressors.
- Decide what metallurgy to be used for specific applications
- Take offers, carry out detail negotiations on price of Patterns, castings & forgings with respective suppliers, to achieve best results for the Organisation.
- PO placement through SAP
- Monitor Quality & EOHS System at Vendor end.
- Train the vendors on above needs using our Internal resources, wherever required.
- Regular followup with suppliers to ensure on time delivery of orders placed
- Proactive supplier visits, feedback and improvement actions on product defects, reduced delivery time, etc.
- Support vendor development on Corrective and preventive actions at vendor end, to close the non-conformities raised by QA
- Coordinate with internal functions like Stores, QA, Design, etc to resolve the queries
- Maintain of all documentation e.g POs, offers, rate contracts, etc required for various Audit purpose
- Implement and execute cost control measures to ensure inventory levels are within specified limits
- Vendor reconciliation
- For project specific parts, keeping tab on receipt of inputs, to ensure timely PO placement & adhering to delivery as required by the project chart
Knowledge & Skills:
- Subject Matter expert of manufacturing of casting & forging items.
- Knowledge of different casting process, manufacturing processes, special processes like heat treatment, Nitriding, Stress Relieving, Blasting & Painting, UT,RT,etc
- Knowledge of material grades as per ASTM/ASME, DIN/IS & their test requirement;
- Exposure, PPAP, vendor capability and capacity enhancement, SAP, etc
While submitting updated CV, please mention:
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.