Owner at Bridge Partners HR
Views:1425 Applications:23 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Assistant Manager/Manager - UK Insurance Risk Team - Big4 (5-15 yrs)
Assistant Manager / Manager - UK Insurance Risk Team, with Global capability entity of Big4 (5-15 yr
Roles and Responsibilities :
The Role :
The role is to help grow our existing advisory Risk Management services in the Insurance Sector by providing support from India to our UK-based Insurance Risk Team.
The Team's key client services include :
- Risk transformation programmes
- Risk Management Framework development / review (covering all or deep dive into risk categories e.g. market risk, operational risk, conduct risk)
- Risk appetite
- Risk management information
- Control effectiveness
- Solvency II, Pillar 2 including the ORSA
- Capital Management
The responsibilities of the person filling this role will be to work remotely from India to support the Insurance Risk Team in the UK. The person would report primarily to a line manager in India but also to the Director of the Insurance Risk Team on matters relating to the specific support required by the UK Team.
The person will be responsible for some or all of the following :
- Managing / assisting in the delivery of client engagements, with responsibility for drafting client deliverables
- Providing technical risk management input to a number of projects and providing review and challenge to deliverables produced by the Team
- Contributing to the development of new propositions / services and the refreshing of existing products / services
- Supporting the team with sales activities such as proposal writing and drafting client presentations
- Working with other internal teams and providing technical risk management input.
Client contact will be indirect and in practice be through members of the UK team.
Experience and Background :
The technical experience required is, in order of priority :
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and an ability to explain Risk Management concepts with clarity
- Previous experience of working in Insurance industry
- Knowledge of the UK regulatory regime for insurance firms
A successful candidate should have previous experience of working in a consultancy and working to tight deadlines. The person must be flexible and enjoy working remotely and on a wide range of projects. He/she should have expertise in at least 3 of the key services provided by the Team listed above and have a broad knowledge of life or non-life insurance products and strategies. Knowledge of international regulatory requirements would also be an advantage.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.