Assistant Manager/Manager - Public Relations & Communications - eCommerce/Retail (5-7 yrs)
Job Title : Assistant Manager / Manager - PR & Communications
Postal Code/Location : Gurgaon
Job Function : Communications
Job Description :
Brand PR :
- Collaborate with Brand Managers on their respective category / product priorities to amplify
- Integrate PR initiatives with various marketing activities and provide adequate PR support for new launches
- Develop and lead a comprehensive influencer outreach strategy
- Build personal rapport/connection with key stylists, fashion editors, influencers across various media (electronic/print/cinematic), to position the brand at their top of mind recall.
- Handle Brand Ambassador PR and leverage her to gain visibility
- Work with brand managers on their respective category ambassadors and work on global aligned brand messaging.
Corporate Communication and Leadership Profiling :
- Provide counsel to the country leadership team to appropriately position Avon in India
- Develop and execute proactive media relations strategies and key media messaging for members of India Leadership Team as well as visiting senior AP/global execs ahead of media interviews and other key external events; proactively and strategically manage various media inquiries with timely, respectful and informed responses; develop relationships with key media
- Secure high impact speaking engagements for local and regional leadership team, participation in appropriate country level external awards
- Drive our global CSR initiatives locally ensuring a high level of engagement with the target stakeholders and positive brand recall.
- Help build relationships with and act as liaison to key third-party influencers and external constituencies including but not limited to government / non-government organisations, business /industry associations, advocacy groups to advance the CSR agenda, as required
Develop and sustain Social media PR strategy :
- Develop Social media strategy and manage all social media platforms liaising with the agency
Internal Communication :
- Support in developing and implementing a strategic plan to communicate the Avon vision/mission, business strategy and organizational goals.
- Bring an innovative and compelling approach to content creation and storytelling that achieves an emotional connection with the audience
- Collaborate with regional/global comms teams and other functional leads in market as required to ensure timely, seamless and integrated organizational communication
Issues Management :
- Proactively monitor and identify potential business/category / brand-related issues and develop issues-management strategies
- Manage product issues and other situations that may impact stakeholder trust and company reputation
Desired skills & Experience :
- Graduation /Post-Graduation in Management / Mass Communication
- 5- 7 years in front end PR/ Communications with experience in activation, alliances
- Strong business acumen.
- Association with a PR agency
- Worked in the PR division of a Fashion Retail company/brand, any service/FMCG industry
- Has worked in planning and executing events, celebrity meets, influencer parties etc.
- Demonstrated ability to develop compelling stories, with superior written, oral and visual communication skills
- Experience dealing with national and local general interest, professional/trade and social media
- Good understanding of digital and social platforms relevant to the market and industry
- Ability to navigate in a collaborative work environment, to influence, align and deliver on strategic and tactical topics, at all levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain perspective and bring positive attitude and courage to partnership discussions
- Professional maturity and ability to work effectively across levels, functions, regions and backgrounds