Manager - Talent Sourcing at Myriad Consulting
Views:278 Applications:76 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:37
Assistant Manager/Manager - General Ledger - BFSI (8-13 yrs)
The Manager, General Ledger Accountant is responsible for ensuring that the Company's monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements are prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and providing timely quantitative and narrative analysis and recommendations to senior management on trends and observations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly Financial Statement Package in accordance with US GAAP. The financial statement package will include Balance Sheet, Income Statement and cash flow statement
- Lead and manage all due diligence on ad-hoc audits in conjunction with external auditors to ensure that audits are completed in a timely manner.
- Close books as required (back-up).
- Analyze and complete monthly narrative of US GAAP financial statements including year-over-year, and sequential, complete with financial metrics.
- Balance sheet analysis to include adequacy of key balances
- Direct staff and close books as required.
- Conduct monthly review of results with SVP's as required
- Keep abreast of changes in accounting requirements and applicability to the Company
- Responsible for managing annual audit process to ensure that auditor's information requests and questions are responded to in a timely manner to meet annual reporting deadline.
- Review draft audited financial statement and footnotes for completeness.
- Make recommendations to improve the Company's financial performance.
- Ensure that the General Ledger is reconciled and maintained in accordance with US GAAP
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Controller
- Serves as a liaison with other functions within Finance to ensure that all data has been properly captured to close the books monthly in accordance with US GAAP.
- Work with the accounting team and FP&A team to understand expected trends in the business to facilitate monthly closing and analysis of results
About you: (education, linguistic ability, professional experience, leadership qualities, soft skills)
Desired Minimum Qualifications :
Education and Experience : Qualified CA/California CPA with a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Accounting (Master's Degree is a plus) and 8 + years of experience leading accounting teams and knowledge of the monthly and annual closing process.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities :
- Current CPA, CA with knowledge of current rules and pronouncements
- Strong managerial and leadership skills
- Use of financial systems applications like Microsoft Dynamics 365 to close books
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint.