Deputy Manager at SkillVentory - A Leading Talent Research Firm
Views:158 Applications:29 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Assistant Manager - Litigation - Telecom/IT (3-5 yrs)
Assistant Manager - Litigation
Purpose of your Role:
- The primary function of this role is to assist the International Litigation Team counsels in all commercial and employment-related matters, as needed.
- Such tasks include maintenance of the litigation database and associated filings, tracking and providing monthly/quarterly reporting, and assisting with the timely payment and tracking of legal costs.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with the Legal Services Group on invoice-related issues. Follow-up with internal teams on necessary approvals and budget creations. Keep track of requests and ensure timely completion to meet payment deadlines.
- Liaise with outside counsels' billing teams on payment status inquiries. Ensure outside counsel meets all deadlines to upload relevant invoices. Monitor and solve any billing issues between the company and outside firms.
Practice League (litigation management software):
- Compile all necessary information and create new matters in Practice League for pre-litigation and litigation.
- Enter updates to existing matters on a monthly or as needed basis.
- Run reports, as needed.
- Become proficient in all functionalities of the tool.
- Compile new matter sheets and create new matters in Legal Tracker. Work with internal stakeholders, and if necessary outside counsel, to obtain necessary information.
- Ensure that all new engagement letters are uploaded into Legal Tracker and SharePoint.
- Be the main interface with the Legal Services Group on Legal Tracker.
- Resolve problems or issues raised by outside counsel or their billing teams with respect to Legal Tracker.
- Maintain proficiency in all functionalities of the tool.
Fraud-Related Information Requests/Disconnect Orders:
- Be the main interface for fraud-related information requests/ disconnect orders. Route to appropriate stakeholders.
- Ensure completion/response to information requests/ disconnect orders in a timely manner, or by the required deadline, and that the necessary information is conveyed back to the requestor.
- Maintain internal tracking of all fraud-related information requests/disconnect orders. Run reports when needed.
Monthly Litigation Report and Quarterly Board Report:
- Assist with compiling and finalizing the Monthly Litigation Report, Quarterly Board Report, Quarterly Material Changes Supplement, and quarterly audit letter, as directed by the International Litigation team.
- Obtain updated audit letters on pending legal matters from outside counsel.
Legal Demand Letters (LDLs):
- Review emails from Collections related to LDLs for completeness with respect to the information and documentation required.
- Prepare, edit, and finalize LDLs based on the internally approved template.
- Follow up with Collections for any additional information or documentation needed to complete the LDL.
- Send final LDLs to the Chief Legal & Compliance Officer for signature. Provide the final LDL to Collections.
- Assist with the creation of an automated tool for LDLs.
Other Duties as assigned and supervised by in house lawyers, including but not limited to:
- Assist in preparing transactional or litigation related documents.
- Organize due diligence materials, discovery documents, contracts, evidence, or files to a transaction, case or matter.
- Organizing and tracking files for important transactions or matters.
- College degree in business/accounting, paralegal studies, paralegal certificate or equivalent required.
- Experience in litigation/employment/collections matters for three (3) to five (5) years or more is preferred, but relevant legal assistant experience will be considered.
- Essential skills include; strong organizational skills, excellent communication and technical skills, with the ability to work autonomously and manage multiple matters/projects and persons across a range of relevant jurisdictions and time-zones, substantial experience in liaising with other internal teams in large organizations and proven credentials working in a range of business environments.
Mail your CV with current CTC and location