CEO at Consult ShekharPandey
Views:4922 Applications:214 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Assistant Manager - Legal - Insurance - LLB (1-2 yrs)
Job Responsibilities :
- Liason and co-ordinate with advocates and keep updated, records of the ongoing litigations, maintain an internal analog of the ongoing cases.
- Drafting and vetting of written statements, written arguments, affidavits, rejoinders and replies to legal notices within the specified timelines and working in close co-ordination with various business teams for getting their feedback on the allegations against the Company.
- Maintaining updated files on the litigations and assisting in all documentation relating to invoices/cases filed against the Company.
- Work closely with the motor insurance teams to assist them in conceiving and implementing a compliant business program
- Understand customer grievances and legal notices, collaborate with MVI team in preparing replies, and coordinate the company's action in relation to such legal cases.
- Research and provide assistance to head of legal on various matters relating to corporate issues, business structures and models, insurance and reinsurance
- Drafting and review of contracts and related documents for the procurement or provision of goods and services, confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Non-disclosure agreements and other service level agreements pertaining to clients.
- Analyse a broad range of complex laws and regulations affecting the operations of the Company including those arising from corporate structures and business models
- Engage outside counsel on legal issues, and supervise and coordinate all work sent to external law firms.
- Proactively carry legal risk assessment to identify potential risk and work with head of legal and other functions in identifying an effective resolution framework. Monitor implementation of the remediation program and highlight aberrations.
- Work closely with regional heads of finance, human resources and compliance in relation to reviewing business practices/ corporate structures, training and investigations.
- Supporting and implementing LCPA efforts for the Company and promoting an ethical and legally compliant business culture. Partnering with senior management and regional teams to achieve desired compliance results.
Position Dimensions (Organizational Impact) :
- The incumbent will report to the Legal Counsel, India
Educational Qualities :
- Admitted to practice in India
- At least 2+ years of post-qualification experience
- Experience in working in-house with a multi-national company or with a reputable law firm with responsibility for review, drafting and negotiation of documentation is preferred
- Must be able to grasp business transactions and identify and implement the legal treatment
- Excellent drafting and organizational skills
- Ability to analyze complex legal problems quickly and concisely
Checklist of Requirements for Role in India :
- Legal qualification from good law school in India & called to the bar in India.
- At least 1+ years of post-qualification experience after being called to bar in India Initial training and work at a top-tier law firm in India.
- Experience working in an MNC in India or an Indian Insurance Company. Experience doing regulatory advisory work, preferably in Insurance or financial services sectors.
- Experience handling high volume of contract review, drafting and negotiation.
- Experience handling litigation matters including consumer litigation.
Salary : INR 7,00,000 - 11,00,000 P.A.
Industry : Insurance
Functional Area : Legal, Regulatory, Intellectual Property
Role : Legal Manager
Employment Type : Permanent Job, Full Time
Location : Mumbai
If interested please send your updated resume or call at 9810143202