Director at HR Synergy
Views:3554 Applications:71 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Assistant Manager - Legal - Contract Management - Big4 (5-8 yrs)
We have a job opening with one of our Big 4 client for the position of Assistant Manager - Legal (Contract Management) to be based out in Bangalore
Exp: 5 - 8 years
Job Description/responsibilities :
The Global Legal Counsel will be responsible for drafting, negotiating and advising on various contracts, in particular :
- Sponsorship contracts
- Meeting and events contracts
- Services contracts
- IT contracts
- Software License contracts
- Hosted software/hosted services agreements
- IT Services agreements and SLAs
- Software support agreements
Key Responsibilities :
- Providing business and legal advice and guidance to internal clients and end users regarding potential issues stemming from new and existing contracts.
- Working with internal clients to develop strategies to address issues identified.
- Communicating progress, challenges, risks and benefits to appropriate management levels and affected user groups and other members.
- Understanding practice and client business goals and how they impact the types of products and services procured.
- Coordinating with cross functional teams (tax, data privacy, information security) in respect to contract review as appropriate.
- Ensuring that accurate and sufficient contractual documentation is developed to effectively document procurement transactions.
- Preparing and maintaining internal contract summary reports for review as needed.
- Understanding the policies that are relevant to procurement transactions and how contract drafting, negotiation and execution are impacted by those policies (Independence, Procurement,Data Privacy, etc.).
- Ensuring that all contractual documents developed are compliant with policies.
- Managing team's workflow and propose process improvements.
- Maintaining an understanding of the impact of changes in policies, organizational structure, and procedures.
Knowledge, skills and experience :
- Candidates need to have a minimum of 3-5 years of software-related negotiation experience (licensee side preferably)
- It would also be preferable if the candidates had at least some experience negotiating with the - big box- vendors (IBM, MSFT, SAP, etc)
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with internal stakeholders and vendors
- Ability to team effectively with onshore legal team and colleagues in other functions
- Ability to grasp, understand, and accurately articulate and document technology transactions
- Expertise in contract law, contract drafting, software licensing, intellectual property
- Ability to assess size, scope and overall risk of contemplated transactions and to tailor contracts accordingly
- Strong academic record, 5-7 years of qualification in a major jurisdiction
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.