Assistant Manager - Legal - Bank (2-5 yrs)
2 to 5 years of experience after completion of Degree, having experience in conducting cases before Courts of Laws. Experience in Banking and Financial Sector will be of added advantage.
- Should have in-depth understanding of matters related to Retail and wholesale banking, Loan/Credit documentation and Corporate/commercial laws etc.
- Experience in legal matters relating to:
a) Banking and Commercial Laws
b) Shops and Establishments Act.
c) Commercial Contracts
d) Stamp Act and Registration Act
e) Property Laws
- Working knowledge on Labour enactments preferred
- Proficient in drafting and vetting of legal documents and commercial contracts.
Job Summary :
- Initiation and pursuing measures under the provisions of SARFAESI Act.
- Drafting Legal Notice/Recall Notice, Notice under Section 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act, Reply Notices/Rejoinders etc.
- Drafting/vetting/review of all kinds of credit documentation for MSE and Housing, including security documents and all transaction documents for various kinds of fund-based and non- fund based facilities.
- Monitoring all cases filed against the Bank and cases filed by the Bank, including cases filed under section 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act and criminal cases.
- Filing Appeals/Revision/Review, wherever required.
- Proactively involve in reduction of NPA and enhancing recovery by suggesting and following up legal measures including conducting lok Adalat, initiating procedure under sarfaesi Act and filing suits.
- Supporting Credit and Collections Team in managing collections and recovery through legal means.
- Vetting of Lease Deed/Leave and License agreements for Branches and ATMs and assist in execution of the same. Support in renewal of lease deed pertaining to premises/ATMs.
- Replying to complaints received from stakeholders or notices received from authorities like Tahsildar, District Collector, Enforcement Authorities, Police Dept. etc.
- Advising on settlement of death claims.
- Attending/resolving issues pertaining to Banking Ombudsman.
- Monitoring performance of panel Advocates and act as a facilitator between business verticals and panel Advocates.
- Attend to labour related matters and assist HR in conducting disciplinary proceeding.
- Support the HR Department in all Disciplinary Proceedings, including in drafting of Show Cause Notices, Charge Sheets, Termination Orders etc.
- Appraising Regional Manager - Legal in time bound manner, the changes and developments in local laws affecting functioning of Banks and which will have impact on business.
- Vetting of Title Scrutiny Reports submitted by panel Advocates to ensure that the business necessities of the Bank are accomplished without compromising the statutory requirements.
- Managing legal issues pertaining to creation/registration of Mortgages, Hypothecation, Pledge etc.