Senior Talent Search Executive at Golden Hues Consultants
Views:2680 Applications:214 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
Assistant Manager Learning & Development - Global Investment Banking Firm (6-10 yrs)
Position: Assistant Manager - Learning & Development
Purpose of Position:
Supporting the Manager - L&D, this role will be responsible for the development and coordination of the organization's Learning and Development (L&D) strategy. The key duties will include the source and design of appropriate training and development initiatives necessary to meet current and future business objectives for the Business Plan. The candidate will embed a learning and development approach to support the evolution of the business-lines through efficient and effective service. This approach will adopt best practices and utilize internal and external networks.
The key dimensions of this role include :
1. Responding to the constant demand for learning input to the business-lines in the areas of managing performance and developing individual careers :
- Build a strong relationship with Managers at all levels to facilitate the Learning and Development agenda for the business.
- Liaise with external training providers building positive working relationships at all levels.
- Manage, formulate and develop the delivery of a comprehensive training program for all staff.
- Ensure the maximization of training budgets.
2. Evaluation of L&D solutions (including external benchmarking) :
- Formulate training evaluation methodologies post-training interventions.
- Aid and motivate business-lines to evaluate Return on Investment in terms of productivity and quality gain.
- Facilitate change and transformation of behavior in individual employees; post a behavioral training intervention.
3. Develop own knowledge and competence :
- Stay current on L&D initiatives.
- Maintain competence in using in-house systems.
4. Facilitation skills :
- Inclination and ability to stand-up and deliver/facilitate a training program
As the role develops, other duties may be included from time to time; the management of the organization will determine these duties.
Position Responsibilities :
The candidate will be responsible for the following outcomes (including but not limited to) :
1. Working with business leaders and managers to identify training needs
2. Assess current learning and development arrangements and influence development activities within the business-lines to compliment the learning and development strategy of the organization.
3. Support the learning and development vision ensuring alignment.
4. Support the leadership development, and change management agenda of the organization, specifically promoting new ways.
5. Design and deliver development interventions as appropriate.
6. Provide regular management information regarding learning and development that fully informs the activities carried out within the business lines.
7. Work in partnership with the L&D Team to effectively deliver, cost-efficient training and learning initiatives to maximize employee potential.
The candidate's performance will be measured against the principal accountabilities indicated in this section. The list above is not exhaustive, and additional measures may be included as appropriate.
Skills and Experience:
1. At least 6-10 years of total experience in the field of L&D holding various positions within the function.
2. Demonstrable experience contributing to a learning and development vision and strategy.
3. A pragmatic and change management mindset which focuses on delivery and produces tangible/intangible results, along with developing leadership competencies are desirable.
4. Strong presentation, facilitation, and communication skills.
5. Credibility, flexibility, adaptability, and proactivity are essential.
6. Ability to produce Management Reports documenting performance and financial information.