Managing Partner at Clips India
Views:2055 Applications:398 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:39
Assistant Manager - Inventory Planning - FMCG/Retail (3-8 yrs)
The Supply Planner will create a feasible supply plan driven through interpreting differentiated planning strategies, satisfying customer requirements, optimizing stock and asset. He will optimize Supply Dynamics to generate an agreed business plan, incorporating ranges across a rolling horizon within the S&OP Process. He will also establish the most effective supply network and planning strategy to ensure proper product availability and collaborate across Supply Chain to deliver sustainable competitive advantage for the company, their customers and suppliers.
Planning position is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. The Demand Planner creates and maintains forecast models for their customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing based on projected demand & historical data with adherence to share of business (SOB based on L1, L2, L3 category of supplier).
Basic Function :
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions considering dynamic business scenario.
- Interact with CPP & regional ops to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with CPP & regional ops to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Use and maintain the MRP & COGNO as the primary forecasting system tool.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with CPP team
- Build supplier reliability index & performance rating.
- Inter & intra department coordination
Distribution Requirements Planning / Replenishment
- Determines and ensures execution of deployment strategies for Finished Goods i.e. push vs pull
- Understands and influences the planning parameters (In-House and External) and assumptions i.e. production cycle time, sequencing, volatility
- Derives Finished Goods (FG's) stock policy using inventory planning models by stock holding location
- Determines gross requirements by distribution centre or market
- Understands warehouse and transportation capacity planning
- Manages and influences customer relationship s e.g. Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI)
- Understands the customer requirements in the short term (e.g. Lead time / min max stock)
Expertise OPM, SCM, SAP-MM, Inventory Planning, Space Utilization, Sales and inventory forecasting
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.