Recruiter at Select Source International
Views:251 Applications:47 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:25
Assistant Manager - Indirect Tax (3-6 yrs)
- Handling GST advisory and upcoming compliances with / without help of ASP's and GSP's
- Handling routine compliances and advisory work under Service Tax, Excise and VAT which includes:
- Computation and Making payment of above taxes on timely basis
- Review of workings prepared by client
- Applying for registrations, amendments, etc
- Filing returns
- Drafting reply to routine indirect tax queries
- Refunds, etc
- VAT Audits and Departmental audits
- Assessments and appeals
- Ability to work in a team
- Regular updating technical knowledge. Updated on GST rules, GST Act, GSTN procedures.
- Ability and comfortable with department liasoning
- Service Orientation: Understands that the service provided supports the organization in fulfilling its mission. The associate knows both - the internal and external customers and their needs, and is committed to meeting the customers' evolving, long-term needs
- Result Orientation -Directs personal energy and efforts towards meeting business objectives and achieving results. Develops action plans that are realistic and implements them to meet or exceed expectations. Shows a sense of urgency towards the end goal.
- Initiative - Is fully aware of, and accepts accountability and responsibility towards his/her job. Identifies challenges and problems related to the job at hand and proactively takes appropriate steps to resolve them.
- Professionalism- Always displays professionalism while conducting the job at hand. Is ethical and displays integrity while dealing with others. Understands and displays a thorough knowledge of all functions. Knows and utilizes the relevant skills, methods, systems, and procedures to produce desired results
- Cooperation -Fosters teamwork and displays joint ownership of business challenges. Helps the team to accomplish the functional work, while ensuring that his/her responsibilities are also fulfilled. Accepts direction in a positive manner and reaches out for support from team members as the situation warrants
- Communication/Feedback- Proactively communicates with others and provides feedback, thereby enhancing overall performance. Communicates and keeps others informed, and encourages them to participate in meeting business objectives
To be tailor-fit for the above skillsets, you need to have,
- Should have handled indirect tax work during articleship and / or upto 1.5 years post qualification mainly service tax, Customs, FTP, SEZ, VAT, Central Excise and GST
- Tally and Excel Knowledge. Also proficient knowledge of using Computer systems and Government websites.
- Basic knowledge of Indirect tax laws
Finally, our people are our most valuable asset; if you agree with us on this, we would love to meet
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.