Talent Acquisition Manager at Xperthunt
Views:84 Applications:14 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Assistant Manager - Global Control Assurance - CA (4-6 yrs)
Role purpose :
- This role is part of our Global Control Assurance team, which is a key element of our Financial Control Pillar. The Global Control Assurance team's responsibility is to lead in the development and maintenance of a robust control framework to facilitate a strong compliance environment.
- As part of this role, you will work collaboratively with Group Finance, Global Functions, and Regional and Market finance teams to ensure adherence to our Global Policies in order to strengthen our control environment.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Lead on key initiatives to improve our compliance across the business
- Monitor and report instances of non-compliance (including monthly review of balance sheet reconciliations)
- Discuss failure of controls and agree on remediation plans
- Report to key stakeholders
Key Accountabilities :
- Contribute to the design and implementation of standardised and consistent control compliance KPI dashboards toward improved compliance
- Review monthly process KPIs to identify quality issues, areas of risk and action plans required and support the Regional Finance teams in remediating areas of non-compliance,
- Monthly review of balance sheet reconciliations, acting as a subject matter expert to provide practical guidance to markets on how to perform best practice reconciliations.
- On an ongoing basis, discuss the failure of controls (from internal audit, external audit or direct control assurance testing) with the appropriate local, regional and/or group stakeholders and agree and monitor remediation actions.
- To agree on management action plans, and ensure they are followed up in a timely manner to mitigate risks to an acceptable level.
- Share findings, concerns, and recommendations with local/regional/group senior management and other key stakeholders as required
- Respond to special requests from the Board, Audit Committee and Risk Committee
- Lead on key compliance projects, as required
- Qualified accountant with 4 to 6 years experience in Financial Accounting & Reporting/Audit / Risk & Control teams or similar
- Proven record of working in a fast-paced, ambitious, and multinational environment within an FTSE100-sized company
- Experience in driving initiatives forward and managing change in a structured manner
- Prioritisation and organisation skills
- Excellent stakeholder management experience
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written). Able to communicate and influence effectively various stakeholders, across different regions and levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an international environment with people at all organizational levels by establishing positive and productive working relationships
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical and commercial skills and/ or the ability to analyse complex concepts and work with uncertainty to solve problems and make effective policy recommendations
- Solution driven
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Agile and flexible to changing needs and ad-hoc requirements