Senior Consultant at Quick Silver HR
Views:217 Applications:31 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
Assistant Manager - Financial Control/SOX - FMCG - CA/CPA (4-11 yrs)
Opportunity with a leading FMCG company based at Bangalore.
Position Title: Asst Manager- Financial Controls (SOX)
Reports to: SOX Manager
Scope: Global controls
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job:
Company is a global business unit that will manage the company's shared business services, made up of HR Services, Finance Transactions, IT services, Information Management Services and Workplace Services.
Mission - To provide excellent services globally which enable company to win in the market by
- putting the business- goals at the heart of what we do
- leveraging cost-effective, best practice, global solutions across company to meet users- needs
- making continuous improvement in both cost and service an integral part of our way of working
- building a professional services organisation that enables our people to give their best
- developing win-win relationships with selected providers to meet our current and future requirements
The key benefits from UniOps are expected to be:
- Lower cost of delivery through standardisation, simplification, process harmonisation & scale leverage.
- Better user experience by delivery of integrated service bundles to end-user.
- Continuous improvement through end-to-end process ownership.
Within the service catalogue of UniOps, Finance Services organisation is responsible for the management and delivery of Finance Services globally, both through third-party outsourced providers (e.g. IBM, CapGemini) and through in-sourced operations.
The Control Services team which is a part of BFS has 3 broad services -
1) Access Control
2) Monitoring & Reporting; and
This role is part of the SOX pillar of CSC. The person handling this role will be responsible to coordinate with the countries and the operating centres to ensure the Financial Control Assessments are completed as per the expected timeline and they will also be responsible to carry out the testing of internal controls.
- This role involves complete understanding of compani Global Financial Control Framework
- In-depth knowledge of ICOFR, Sarbanes Oxley Act and COSO Framework
- End-to-end testing of internal controls of various countries, operating centre and central teams across processes
- High quality documentation of the test plan and the summary report
- Conducting trainings for the respective countries on the FCA expectation
- Managing and coordinating with the stakeholders like CG, KPMG, GCAD, Country Controllers and Service Delivery Directors
- Governance meeting with the risk managers and controllers of the respective countries to ensure on-time completion of testing and relevant sign-offs on deficiencies and rectification plans
- Quality review of the identified deficiencies and its documentation
- Reporting / presenting the testing results to GCAD for audit committee
- Additionally, participate in control improvement health meetings, manage third party teams performing testing and co-ordinate with external auditors
- 3-4 Service Provider team
- Cluster Finance Leadership
- Country Controller
- Country Risk Manager
- Operating Centres
- Business Operations Team
- Service Providers
- External Auditor
Critical success Factors for the Job
- Technical Knowledge: Strong knowledge of US GAAP, COSO, PCAOB Auditing Standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, risk and controls standards and business process best practices
- Controls understanding: Understanding Global financial controls framework
- Process understanding - Overall understanding of process flows and associated risks in PTP, RTR, OTC, MTD, Payroll, Tax, Pensions (e.g. master data, payment processes, Inventory processes, etc) and working knowledge of access and IT general controls
- Proficiency in using SAP and Microsoft tools
- Analytical skills - Ability to analyse the root cause of the deficiency and propose corrective action and ensure quality deliverables
- Leadership and stakeholder management skills - Lead immediate and extended teams (3P service provider) and capable of setting and executing agenda independently; ability to work in a dynamic organization and manage/balance multiple priorities and diverse projects concurrently
- Communication skills - Fluent in written and spoken English
- Presentation skills - Proficiency in Power point presentation
- Masters- degree in Accounting or Finance preferred - CA/CPA/MBA Finance or similar qualification
- Minimum of 4-7 years progressive experience in internal audit with SOX 404 testing and reporting
- Experience with governance, risk and compliance models like GAAPs, IFRS etc. (knowledge in GRC tools like SAP GRC, Archer, others is an added advantage).