Assistant Manager - Finance & Accounts - FMCG/Consumer Durables (5-7 yrs)
About the company: The company is well-known as one of the world's most prominent manufacturers of fragrance, personal care and color cosmetics brands. They are primarily involved in the design, turn-key manufacture, distribution and marketing of a range of perfumes, color cosmetics, hair care, skincare, bath care and personal hygiene products.
With a dedicated team of over 1000+ employees in 20+ nations, the company has a global reach and is positioned to target various demographics and price points to help them achieve their corporate mission. In the last financial year, products were sold in 60+ countries, spanning over 6 continents.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Sales Accounting Analysis:
- Validate sales report for assigned groups.
- Analyze Distributor sales and commission. Prepare reports
- Prepare aging reports for Retail and wholesale receivables.
- Reconcile accounts for assigned GC. Analyze ledger, margin report and sales discrepancies. Troubleshoot.
- Analyze sales trends for assigned Sales divisions.
- Analyze key supplier purchases ,brand items for assigned location
- Analyze and validate accuracy accounting provisions.
- Update sales budgets.
- Prepare profit and loss statements for assigned GC
- Prepare Trial balance reports.
- Margin Analysis
- Report sales revenue, selling cost, gross margin for private label.
- Prepare margin reports customer wise, outlets, salesperson and brand wise for retail Sales.
- Provide data for profit margin analysis
MIS for Assigned accounts and GC:
- Analyze inventory records for FG and RM for assigned GC.
- Report Inventory valuation for assigned GC when required.
- Prepare profitability report. Identify top moving brands, customers and budget variances
- Reconcile Sales accounting with Trial balance figures
- Reconcile cost of goods sold with GL and Margin report
- Perform ledger scrutiny analyze expenses for assigned GC
- Prepare audit schedules as per compliance.
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Knowledge in Global Accounting Principles & Practices
- Exposure in Margin and Profitability analysis
- Exposure in Monthly Financials
- Strong Analytical skills & Interpersonal skill.
- User knowledge in JD Edwards/ or another ERP experience is a must.
- Should be well versed with MS office applications namely excel/word/power point.
- Should have good command on Advance Excel
- Strong working knowledge in Accounts Payable and Account Receivable.
Note : Candidates from FMCG Industry and have good exposure in UK Accounting will be preferred