Assistant Manager/Deputy Manager - Procurement - Chemical (8-12 yrs)
We have career opportunity at Surat with Leading chemical company.
My client reported sales growth of 10.8% YoY to Rs 2.41bn. EBITDA and PAT declined by 4.7% and 20.0% YoY to Rs 503 mn and Rs 343 mn respectively. Company witnessed good traction within the specialty chemicals segment (up 40.0% YoY to Rs 7700mn) on the back of recovery in the domestic pharma business.
The mix in the Specialty chemicals BU seems to be tilting towards a stickier Pharma clientele.
Company plans to introduce value added products in this segment with minor capex plans of ~Rs 100mn. NFIL is focusing on adding more clients in the middle-east and aspires to improve its exports mix in Refrigerants BU.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS Basic: BSC/MSC, B.E. / B.Tech in Chemical Engineering Plus MBA ( material management ).
Candidates with good experience and exposure in Chemical procurement from other educational fields would be also considered.
Desirable: Knowledge of SAP MM & SAPSD module & GST
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE & NATURE OF EXPERIENCE
More than 8 years experience in procuring Chemicals & other RM/PM, Toll Operations, Imports Exports, etc.
ANY OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of understanding in chemistry is must. COMPANIES WHICH MAY BE TAPPED FOR RECRUITMENT.
- Chemical / Pharma industries only.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES .
- To look after Procurement of Chemicals & other Raw Materials, Packaging ' Materials, Tolling Operations, Byproducts sale for Plant and NRIC/ CRO/ R&D / QA MPP, etc.
- To assist Sr. Manager/ GM to work out annual budgets for Raw Materials, Packaging Materials, Tolling operations, Byproduct sale & ensure proper cost controls.
- To prepare Balance Score Card (Goal-sheet) for self.
- To understand chemistry for all our major key raw materials & work out stoichiometry of the product & work out TCO for the same.
- To work out BOM & arrange procurement of raw materials/packaging material/toll operations based on inputs from Production Planning Control meeting.
- To assist Sr. Manager for collecting market intelligence for developing strategy for RM procurements for MPP related products.
- To understand domestic & international markets for our raw materials/packaging materials for better negotiation & developing long term strategy for procurement.
- To arrange annual contracts for supply of critical RMs for NRIC/R&D.
- To understand PR requirements from users & check daily status of PRs for converting to PO.
- To procure aboveRMs by negotiating better rates, preparation of comparison - statement, proposals & its approval.
- To create Purchase Orders in SAP & followup with vendors for timely delivery as per Plant requirement & as per PO terms.
- Strategizing and implementing purchase process for all kind of materials for projects as per requirement, including Raw Materials (Bulk Chemicals, Specialty Chemicals, Solvents), Engineering Items, Packaging Materials and so on.
- Monitoring supply chain operations involving tendering, contracting, quotes generation, scheduling, techno-commercial negotiations, settlement of bids & bills and documentation.