HR Consulting Partner at UpWord Global
Views:1783 Applications:17 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Assistant Manager/Deputy Manager - Legal - LLB - Telecom (4-6 yrs)
UpWord Global is a leading consultant in recruitment and training. This position is with one of leading Telecom Giant and we are looking for people who can take up challenging roles and responsibilities.
Internal Role Title : Asst/Dy.Manager-Legal
Role Purpose :
Support & manage day-to-day operational legal matters / affairs of the organization circle. Assume responsibility of the Circle Legal affairs in the absence of the Circle legal Head.
Location : Chennai
Essence Of Role : Key Accountabilities :
- Support : Supporting Circle Legal Head in Circle Legal operations. Ensure smooth Business continuity manage/resolve issues in the circle.
Managing Litigation & Investigation :
- Managing Litigation and supporting Reporting Manager & Corporate Legal Vertical Heads for necessary key national litigations. Managing online litigation management system, MIS and reporting to Legal Head.Works with tax, regulatory and other functions within Vodafone to develop effective structures for a broad range of matters including the resolution of disputes and litigation while ensuring business continuity.
- Conflict and dispute resolution among different stakeholders and assists in negotiations discussions between clients and other functions within and outside Vodafone to ensure the best legal solution to meet commercial and customer friendly objectives .
- Managing criminal cases to ensure no adverse impact on personal liability.
- Acts as the day to day interface between Vodafone and external counsel and provides information and instructions to external counsel on specific matters, appearance before quasi-judicial Authorities.
Drafting Agreements, contracts, pleadings and documents :
- Drafting, vetting and finalizing agreements and other documentation forCircle that includes Marketing & Sales, Operations, Enterprise and IT & networks support, documentation, Mobile Commerce agreements including VAS agreements, Distribution & retailing agreements, Real estate, Commercial and HR related agreements.
- Reviewing various marketing promotions, schemes, contests, competitions and creating awareness & providing risk analysis of such promotions etc.
Business Support :
- Providing strategic business partnering. The circle Second in command is expected to support the Legal Head on daily basis to support the business objectives of circle and growth and identify the risk in relation to broad complex matters having significant financial, reputation and financial liability exposure.
Advisory and Compliance :
- Advisory to various departments including on labour, tax, advertisement, local authorities, sales, collection, network matters and to ensure corrective actions wherever required.
- Coordinating with External legal counsels Support Business in dealing with Law enforcement agencies, Vendors/Service Providers/Suppliers (Indus etc) with regard to legal issues. All departments for compliance of statutory requirements and roll out of policies.
- Coordination and support to Corporate Legal and adopting best practices.
Knowledge Updation :
- Updating change in law, landmark judgments and / or proposed legislative movements concerning the business and developing both within function and other vertical Heads of circle, as may be required.
People development/Legal training :
- Team development and training. Where appropriate, co-ordinates with colleagues in respect of proposed transactions and the resolution of disputes to ensure that all relevant legal issues are identified and appropriate support is provided
Job Specifications :
- Excellent communication Skills
- Excellent legal acumen
- Presence of Mind and conflict resolution ability.
- Problem solving attitude and Negotiation skills.
- Quick and effective responses depending on situation and manage magnitude of the legal issues.
- High Standard of Integrity and Values.
- Graduation in Law, Preferred First Class Graduation/Post Graduation in Law from reputed law school/university with minimum 2 yrs of Court practice and 4-5 years of corporate experience.
- Understanding of TRAI Act, Telegraph Act, Telecom Licenses, TRAI Regulations, Directions, Tariff Orders, Employment, Contracts & Tax Laws.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.