Associate Consultant at Huquo
Views:10910 Applications:219 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
Assistant Manager - Collection Analytics - Consulting Firm (2-3 yrs)
Team focus :
The team focuses on developing data driven collection analytics strategies for a global banking client. Work calls for developing statistical models for credit risk and collections team with stress on not just model development but also deliver end to end solution-ing to client problems and understanding appropriateness of actions from banks perspective.
Role Focus :
- Identify potential problems, build the hypothesis, identify research data attributes and determine approach to solve analytical problems specifically in the area of collections and recoveries
- Understand, extract, clean and prepare the data for analysis
- Build complex programs for running statistical tests on data and for understanding correlation of various attributes. Perform detail exploratory data analysis on the data and report findings
- Compare and weigh numerical model outputs (preferably from SAS or R) and identify best choice models
- Run tests and controls to understand validation of the predictive power of the models built and implementation transition to operations and IT
- Make recommendations for procedural improvements supported by analytical findings
- Build presentations for targeted audiences
- Pragmatic approach to deliver fit to purpose strategies for bank under clear timelines.
Skill Requirement :
- Experience in Statistical Modeling with techniques like Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Decision Trees or K - means etc.
- Understanding of collections and recoveries business - aspects such as call center functioning for collections, A/B testing.
- Understanding of concepts like LGD, impairment calculations will be given higher preference.
- Understanding of collections and recoveries tools such as Debt-manager etc. will be an advantage.
- Mandatory experience in SAS or R
- Strong communication skills
Candidate profile :
- Master's in Business Administration or Masters in Statistics or Economics or Operational Research or Masters/Bachelors in Engineering
- Prior experience working with a bank or a banking analytics team under a 3rd part consultancy.