Lead at CareerNet Consulting
Views:4845 Applications:532 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:48
Assistant Manager - Buying - Consumer Durable/FMCG (2-7 yrs)
Business strategy :
Know the customer : Deeply understand customer behaviour, develop new customer insights
Own the business : Co-own the P&L, develop the business model, understand where opportunities are and create a viable business to service them
Know the market : Stay on top of trends in an ever-changing landscape, find opportunities and prioritize based on size, internal capabilities, etc.
Know the competition : Understand on-line and off-line players. Ensure selection stays well ahead of competition
Influence the leadership : Convert strategies into action by liaising with cross-functional leadership and drive the changes required
Vendor Management :
- Develop deep and long standing relationship with the vendors - to drive relationships from the strategic to the tactical
- Own the terms of business with the vendor - products, returns, ordering, etc.
- Ensure high-share of mind from the vendor. Build deep ties.
- Make vendors partners in driving disruptive changes for the category
Market Understanding :
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the market - short term and long term trends
- Have an in depth knowledge of competition and vendor and ability to influence the market
- Develop and implement industry best practices. move the industry with you!
Selection and Offers :
- Own buying cost improvement and overall portfolio management
- Manage in store promotions along with brands - make brands partners in customer communication
- Make the - destination of choice - for the customers through the largest and the greatest assortment of products on offer
- Drive portfolio management for best offers and discounts for the customers
Purchasing and Inventory :
- Key driver of working capital management and inventory - ensure an optimal
- Develop and manage a purchase strategy with the brands to ensure best selection along with the optimal cost and service.
People leadership :
- Build, retain and groom a strong team to deliver across functions
- Set goals, define KPIs and ensure team tracks effectively towards goals