Lead at CareerNet Consulting
Views:5273 Applications:542 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:48
Assistant Manager - Buying - Consumer Durable/FMCG (2-7 yrs)
Business strategy :
Know the customer : Deeply understand customer behaviour, develop new customer insights
Own the business : Co-own the P&L, develop the business model, understand where opportunities are and create a viable business to service them
Know the market : Stay on top of trends in an ever-changing landscape, find opportunities and prioritize based on size, internal capabilities, etc.
Know the competition : Understand on-line and off-line players. Ensure selection stays well ahead of competition
Influence the leadership : Convert strategies into action by liaising with cross-functional leadership and drive the changes required
Vendor Management :
- Develop deep and long standing relationship with the vendors - to drive relationships from the strategic to the tactical
- Own the terms of business with the vendor - products, returns, ordering, etc.
- Ensure high-share of mind from the vendor. Build deep ties.
- Make vendors partners in driving disruptive changes for the category
Market Understanding :
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the market - short term and long term trends
- Have an in depth knowledge of competition and vendor and ability to influence the market
- Develop and implement industry best practices. move the industry with you!
Selection and Offers :
- Own buying cost improvement and overall portfolio management
- Manage in store promotions along with brands - make brands partners in customer communication
- Make the - destination of choice - for the customers through the largest and the greatest assortment of products on offer
- Drive portfolio management for best offers and discounts for the customers
Purchasing and Inventory :
- Key driver of working capital management and inventory - ensure an optimal
- Develop and manage a purchase strategy with the brands to ensure best selection along with the optimal cost and service.
People leadership :
- Build, retain and groom a strong team to deliver across functions
- Set goals, define KPIs and ensure team tracks effectively towards goals
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.