Operation Manager at Future Track Edutech Pvt. Ltd.
Views:38501 Applications:274 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:244
Assistant Manager - Actuarial - Insurance (3-5 yrs)
Assistant Manager - Actuarial
Key responsibilities :
- Provide support and guidance to more junior members of the team. May have some responsibility for the supervision of other junior team members or delivery of specific pieces of work.
- Seek and act on opportunities to develop wider and deeper technical and business understanding.
- Monitor business and external developments related to own area of responsibility and propose consequent changes to established procedures.
- Undertake numerical analysis and manipulation using a range of systems and actuarial tools.
- Prepare and document simple computer programmes and models to clearly defined requirements.
- Support a range of management reports like committee papers, board reports, process efficiency reports, and regulatory returns.
- Respond to straightforward technical queries.
- Draft and maintain up-to-date, appropriate documentation and checklists for any processes that are implemented.
- Compliance - Ensure understanding and adherence to Prudential's Code of Conduct and, where appropriate, comply with all relevant regulatory policies. This includes completion of any mandatory training requirements.
- Performance Management (for people managers)- follow and contribute to the recognised Performance Management process.
- 3-5 years of relevant Actuarial experience
- An active student member of the Institute or Faculty of Actuaries and / or Indian Institute of Actuaries with minimum 8 exams cleared.
- Thorough understanding of at least one function / team within Actuarial & ability to deliver on assigned tasks independently.
- Awareness of the Financial Services industry and regulatory environment like EEV, IFRS, Solvency II.
- Some knowledge of significant regulatory processes within UK operations.
- Some level of business influence skills like commercial appreciation and attitude required.
- Some level of understanding of the financial dynamics of Insurance business and how key factors influence the various financial measures.
- Reasonable knowledge of insurance industry related products like Annuities, Bonds, Lifetime Mortgage, Unit Linked and With Profit.
- Added advantage for experience in Actuarial Modelling, valuation and reporting and knowledge of MoSes/Prophet/RAFM.