Consultant at Michael Page
Views:1982 Applications:56 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Assistant General Manager - Safety - Agrochemical Conglomerate (10-20 yrs)
Who should apply:
Only candidates with 10+ years of hardcore safety experience should apply
Only candidates from chemical/agrochem/API manufacturing industry should apply
Reporting into the GM-HSE and the Unit Head and managing a team of 12 members, you will be responsible for:
- Planning and implementing safety and health programmes and ensuring implementation of best safety practices in compliance with statutory norms; ensuring that all personnel have received appropriate safety and health training and the factory is a safe place to work
- Monitoring the renewal of licenses and permissions for the manufacturing process, providing technical guidance for procurement of PPE's effluent discharge activities ensuring statutory policies are being followed
- Driving the safety and environmental control plan for the year ensuring that the dust, noise and pollution levels are within the statutory norms set by the government
- Creating and designing the Safe Operating Procedures for work and ensuring that these SOP's are strictly adhered to at every level and process in the organization. Also ensuring through regular audits that the personal protective equipment & work specific tools are provided to every employee and are used onsite
- Liaising with external stakeholders like factory inspector, pollution board, GIDC, NGO's, labours, contractors, villagers and local authorities etc., to develop mutually beneficial relationships and ensuring smooth operations and functioning
- Engaging in collaborative activities by providing technical guidance and assistance to other industries, associations etc.
- Creating a proactive action plan to minimise incidents & accidents on safety front and conducting in-depth incident analysis and accident investigation highlighting the root cause and taking corrective measures
- Engaging with team members to motivate and foster teamwork, understanding and addressing concerns and providing a collaborative environment for them to develop
The Successful Applicant:
- Ideally you are either a chemical engineer or have a background in Chemistry/PG and have a diploma in Industrial safety with 10+ years of work experience in hardcore safety function in the chemical/agrochem/API pharma production. You should possess good communication skills, interpersonal skills and leadership skills. You should have an excellent track record in your earlier professional stint and should be ready for the next challenging assignment.
What's on Offer:
- Excellent work culture
- Opportunity to work for a large Indian conglomerate
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.