Managing Partner at Antal International
Views:593 Applications:7 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Assistant General Manager - Purchase - Steel Firm (15-20 yrs)
Strategy & Development :
- Overall responsibility for Raw Material Purchasing (Metal buying) and Cost Estimating activities across the business.
- Manage inventory and purchasing procedures of raw materials and other supplies used in our company.
- Create and implement best practice purchasing vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve business performance
- Ensure that purchasing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets, which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market to include: Terms and conditions, supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation and rationalisation of supply chain solutions including vendor managed inventory, supplier consignments and safety stock.
- Initiate and develop creative and innovative procurement processes (eProcurement)
General and Task Management :
- Accurate orders placed in a timely manner; a thorough analysis of inventory position; frequent follow-up with suppliers; 100% on-time delivery (no short-ships/missed shipments).
- Clear and concise reporting of pertinent operating data; thorough checking and analysis of sales, costs, and margins; no aged accounts receivable; rapid inventory turnover.
- Responsible for managing relationships and negotiating with key suppliers at a senior and strategic level
- Negotiate contract terms with key suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders if appropriate.
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Work closely with Research Development to source new and alternative raw materials