Principal Consultant at Aniaaz Consulting Private Limited
Views:2157 Applications:256 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:40
Assistant General Manager - Procurement - FMCG (13-18 yrs)
Responsible for the approval of all major procurement activities and the development and implementation of strategic procurement plans and establishing a central procurement service. Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling and implementing KRPLs procurement strategies, policies and procedures to acquire best available supplies / materials at the lowest costs.
1. Responsible for managing and ensuring that all Procurement activities are effectively managed and are in accordance with the Contract Standing Orders, Procurement processes and Financial Regulations.
2. Ensuring cost effective procurement practices that addresses the best of quality needs. Identification and realization of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities.
3. Development and implementation of Procurement guidelines for the team.
4. Development and implementation of supplier selection strategy including spend analysis, vendor identification, selection and as assessments, consolidation of spend base.
5. Setting up a process of review for all Contracts, Suppliers and Suppliers ensuring maximum value for money through supplier rationalization, developing an approved supplier list.
6. Preparation of process, systems and templates for the efficient working of the Procurement function. Establishing and maintaining measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities to include but not limited to -
a. Supplier performance
b. Supplier quality
c. Internal order placement performance
d. Purchase team /buyer activity levels
e. Material shortage elimination.
7. Implementation of effective negotiation strategies for Procurement activities within the given budget and timelines conformance to quality thereby ensuring substantial savings on the spent exercised.
8. Ensuring an effective Contract Management across the business with regular reviews, development of Service Level Agreement and Key Performance Measures.
9. Development of alternate vendors for risk mitigation and maintaining the stable supply base.
10. Developing an overall vendor base thereby creating and sustaining a competitive advantage, utilizing global market exploitation, leveraging spend, and leveraging of technologies.
11. Assessment of vendor performance data on various performance metrics for sustainable supply and cost improvement. Implementation of vendor assessment results for continuous evaluation of selected sources.
12. Leading on strategic sourcing process in order to driving cost out of the supply chain by managing the following:
a. Negotiation strategies including Terms and Conditions Supplier selection/de-selection
b. Evaluation and rationalization of Supply chain solutions
c. Vendor managed inventory (VMI) for future needs
d. Safety stock levels