Managing Director at Adler Talent Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Views:420 Applications:26 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
Assistant General Manager - Legal - Retail/Real Estate (6-15 yrs)
Overall Purpose/Objective Of the job:
- Responsible for supporting the leasing/Marketing/center operation teams on legal and regulatory matters related to the project/center, driving total compliance with relevant legal norms/ framework; drafting all contracts/ agreements and ensuring safe custody of legal documents.
Key Responsibilities :
- Ensures being a part of the front end team while the negotiations with the contractor/vendor and thus get involved in resolution of any disputes/ litigations
- Responsible for devising a list of proactive measures that can be introduced to mitigate legal risks, provide legal advice for policy formulation, install relevant systemic frame work and its maintenance; plan implementation with the leadership team
- Ensure and oversee timely submission of relevant documents and returns to external stakeholders / regulatory authorities and represent the company for resolution of any legal issue or escalation
- Ensure that the project maintains a strong and consistent legal compliance record and it is completed and operated as per statutory/ regulatory norms and contract terms and thereby no penalty clauses are invoked against the Company
- Collate all signed LOIs to prepare a consolidated Deviation Matrix and discuss clause-by-clause with the VP - Leasing, post which only deviations, if any would be allowed to go into the final agreement document
- Ensure the process of lease negotiations with other tenants (inline/vanilla) are carried out by the Sr. Manager / Manager - Legal as per the defined process
- Ensure the registration of the final agreement document is carried out as per statutory guidelines and provide inputs as required
- Ensure effective litigation management of all cases - identification, appointment and management of external litigation partners, filing of cases and monitoring their progress, and provide timely updates to the business leadership
- Ensure safe and custody of all original documents by the corporate/center's legal teams