Senior Principal Consultant at Sokkai Services
Views:1775 Applications:71 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Assistant General Manager - Legal - Retail Banking - LLB (14-21 yrs)
A leading Indian Bank is looking for AGM Legal for their retail banking. Location delhi.
LLB full time Mandatory. Candidate needs to have experience in banking OR insurance sector.
- Advising client groups on documentation, security creation and enforcement.
- Formulating strategy along with client groups for timely measures to contain NPAs, adopting early resolution and monitoring measures
- Push completion of security creation and timely execution of transaction documents.
- Ensuring adherence by the team to agreed timelines for advice/ solution
- Perception of quality of control, facilitation and effectiveness of advice.
- Depending upon the proposal, guiding the team on advising/ devising legally effective/ cost efficient structures/ documents including advising Business Groups on proposals at the initial stages prior to formulating the term sheet.
- Guide on negotiations with counsel/external attorneys for better fee structures and ensuring that the external attorneys effectively and efficiently deliver for the organisation;
- Maintaining data base of opinions which can be relied upon for common issues rather than obtaining an opinion from external counsel on each repetitive issue separately.
- Promoting a reduction of dependence on external Counsel and confining engagement of Counsel only for complicated transactions
- Reduce administrative costs + have control and monitoring measures in place to ensure adherence to the budgeted cost;
- Ensuring effective handling of transaction documents.
- Effective resolution of queries made by the business teams on amendments to laws and regulations.
- Appointment of counsels with proper instructions wherever required.
- Improvement in efficiency and quality of advice as also uniformity of opinion by synchornizing intra and inter-departmental efforts.
- Undertaking joint projects/efforts utilizing resources with domain expertise to drive identification and execution of process/policy change.
- Conducting Training sessions for team and client groups;
- Encourage the teams in preparing ready reckoners/manuals as a guide for new talent. Ensuring rigor of legal control exercised, while facilitating business objectives without compromising compliance requirements;
- Improvements in process/ efficiency of the team without impacting quality of service or the required development of reportees.