Assistant General Manager - Legal - Real Estate (7-15 yrs)
Leading Real Estate company is looking for an Assistant General Manager for their Legal team based out of Lucknow.
Details of the role and expectations are elaborated below :
- A law degree with 7- 10 years of total experience with at least 5 years in the Real Estate industry;
- At least 3 years experience in a leading law firm
- Candidates having exposure in IT industry specially in E -commerce will be a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of legal administration, especially contract related matters
- Exposure in drafting agreements like Development, Sale, Lease, Leave and License, Service contracts, Legal Rights etc
- Understanding of Statutory/Regulatory Compliance Management
- Exposure to ecommerce & IP Issues.
- Ensures being a part of the front end team while the negotiations with the contractor/vendor and thus get involved in resolution of any disputes/ litigation
- Responsible for devising a list of proactive measures that can be introduced to mitigate legal risks, provide legal advice for policy formulation, install relevant systemic frame work and its maintenance; plan implementation with the leadership team
- Ensure and oversee timely submission of relevant documents and returns to external stakeholders / regulatory authorities and represent the company for resolution of any legal issue or escalation
- Ensure that the project maintains a strong and consistent legal compliance record and it is completed and operated as per statutory/ regulatory norms and contract terms and thereby no penalty clauses are invoked against the Company
- Collate all signed LOIs to prepare a consolidated Deviation Matrix and discuss clause-by-clause with the VP - Leasing, post which only deviations, if any would be allowed to go into the final agreement document
- Ensure the process of lease negotiations with other tenants (inline/vanilla) are carried out as per the defined process
- Ensure the registration of the final agreement document is carried out as per statutory guidelines and provide inputs as required
- Ensure effective litigation management of all cases - identification, appointment and management of external litigation partners, filing of cases and monitoring their progress, and provide timely updates to the business leadership
- Ensure safe and custody of all original documents by the corporate/center's legal teams
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.