Head Operations at HireaJackal
Views:1348 Applications:333 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:331
Assistant Financial Controller - Finance & Accounts Operations - BPO - CA/CPA (10-18 yrs)
Assistant Financial Controller - F & A Operations (CA / CPA with US GAAP)
General Purpose: The Assistant Controller - F & A Operations will be responsible for the Company's monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements are prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and providing timely quantitative and narrative analysis and recommendations to senior management on trends and observations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Prepare monthly Financial Statement Package in accordance with US GAAP. The financial statement package will include Balance Sheet, Income Statement and cash flow statement
- Lead and manage all due diligence on ad-hoc audits in conjunction with external auditors to ensure that audits are completed in a timely manner.
- Close books as required (back-up).
- Analyze and complete monthly narrative of GAAP financial statements including year-over-year, and sequential, complete with financial metrics.
- Balance sheet analysis to include adequacy of key balances
- Direct staff and close books as required.
- Conduct monthly review of results with SVP's as required
- Keep abreast of changes in accounting requirements and applicability to the Company
- Responsible for managing annual audit process to ensure that auditor's information requests and questions are responded to in a timely manner to meet annual reporting deadline.
- Review draft audited financial statement and footnotes for completeness.
- Make recommendations to improve the Company's financial performance.
- Ensure that the General Ledger is reconciled and maintained in accordance with GAAP
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Controller
- Serves as a liaison with other functions within Finance to ensure that all data has been properly captured to close the books monthly in accordance with US GAAP. Work with the accounting team and FP&A team to understand expected trends in the business to facilitate monthly closing and analysis of results.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience: CPA / CA
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Current CPA / CA with knowledge of current rules and pronouncements
- Strong managerial and leadership skills
- Use of financial systems applications, in particular, Oracle to close books
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills