Manager at Silverpeople
Views:1547 Applications:84 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:78
Assistant Director - Placement & Training - Medical College (10-18 yrs)
- The Assistant Director - Placements & Career Development for Medical Health Sciences, Institute of Science and Technology is a full time on campus role who heads the Department of Placements and Career Development for the school of Medical Health Sciences, comprising 7 colleges offering nearly 120 degree programs with over 1600 student intake every year.
- Implement the Vision & Mission of the institution and accordingly plan, develop & implement a student placements plan for the programs offered under Medical Health Sciences
- Prepare a placement and career development strategy for the different schools under Medical Health Sciences that would aid in attracting potential industry partners. The strategy should take into consideration knowledge of the current student batches, academic performance, major and minor specializations, interest areas of the students, etc. The strategy should also define the targets (collective and department wise) for number of placements companies and offers, number of internships, median and average compensation, etc.
- Carry out market research and surveys on skills and abilities that employers look for and gather on-going market trends on employment statistics so to maintain working knowledge of current workforce needs and job markets as required.
- Develop & execute placement policies, code of conduct and rules for the students and define the criterion of eligibility and registration for opportunities offered, resume guidelines, code of conduct for students, job offers policy and disciplinary actions in case of deviations from the policies and rules.
- Plan and design a Placement/Industry Brochure in close coordination with the admissions department.
- Reach out to potential companies in person and via other mediums such as on calls, mails, guest lectures, etc. and present our candidates profiles to them to ensure that they come for hiring to the college. Also garner a strong relationship with potential employers.
- Organize interactive sessions such as workshops, seminars and webinars with industry experts on a regular basis. Also administer educational tours and industrial visits for students to build strong relationships with industrial recruiters for internship and job opportunities.
- Organize seminar programs for aptitude tests, personality development, interpersonal and communication skills, career planning and mapping, mock interviews, resume and LinkedIn profile building, etc.
- Establish and Head the career development cell and organize workshops related to career development such as mentorship programs, inviting renowned career counselors, etc.
- Organize counselling sessions from industrial and educational counsellors about prospects related to higher education.
- Plan, implement and manage the entire placement process for Medical Health Sciences. This includes preparing placement calendar, meeting potential industry partners, providing dates and facilities for organizing tests and interviews, etc. and ensure that the process is carried out smoothly.
- Collect and analyze feedback from employers on factors such as performance of candidates, process efficiency and take steps to improve the factors. Also take candidate's feedback on the employer for future reference.
- Create and maintain a database on all current and historic statistics, analyze the data and report the findings.
- Analyze placement statistics after the process and report it to the management for key points such as percentage of students placed, average and median CTC, batch profiles, number of companies and number of offers, diversity of the offers, etc.
- Prepare an annual budget for the placement department which includes detailed expenditures for manpower, outreach, placement and internship process, seminars and guest lectures, counselling, etc.
- Prepare a personnel requirement plan for the internal placement department taking the strategic plan into consideration and accordingly plan for manpower recruitment for the department.
- Recognised postgraduate qualification (preferably in HR / Marketing domain) and other academic qualifications from recognized institutions
- Minimum of 10 years experience as a Placement officer/ Equivalent Role in a recognized medical/allied health sciences institution (Top 10 Medical Educational Institutions in the country would be preferred)
- Age below 45 years