Chief Research Officer at Crossover Catalyst
Views:554 Applications:65 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:59
Assistant Director - Development - University (10-18 yrs)
About Ashoka University:
10 years ago, we embarked on a journey to establish a world-class, multi-disciplinary, liberal arts and sciences university in India. Built on the finest global best practices of institution and university governance, Ashoka has truly transformed Indian higher education in India with its unique pedagogy, governance and best practices. Ashoka is today India's #1 liberal arts and sciences university that is home to the most diverse student body, a hub for impactful research and a magnet for best-in-class faculty and staff.
Ashoka has been ranked in top five among private Universities in India by QS Asia and has also secured top rank among all Indian Universities in 'International Faculty' indicator. The University was earlier awarded Diamond rating by QS I. GAUGE as a recognition of its continuous focus on academic rigour, inter-disciplinary pedagogy, world class faculty, academic research, innovative modules of engagement with the community and teaching methods. For further information, visit www.ashoka.edu.in. We aim to co-create a nurturing space for our students, faculty, staff, donors and community positively through universal values:
- Being mission driven and authentic
- Thinking strategically and creatively
- Collaborating with trust and respect
- Being accountable and driving for results
- Focused on service excellence
Role and Responsibilities:
This is a pan India role and the job entails articulating and presenting the Ashoka vision and project to the senior leadership and Board/Committees of corporations. These corporations would include Indian conglomerates, MNCs, owner/promoter-led businesses and other high-growth profitable businesses.
The key deliverable of the role is raising financial resources to build Ashoka.
1. Present the Ashoka to potential donors which will include generating leads, engaging with prospects and converting them to donors. Craft high-quality proposals and align the financial needs of the university to the giving objectives of donors. This would include:
a. Cultivate new prospects and upsell to existing donor
b. Customized proposals for scholarships, naming of intellectual and/or physical assets
c. Finalizing and closing deals - including the necessary documentation - MoU, Pledge letters.
2. Manage relationships at multiple levels and across multiple organizations, at the same time a. Reactively and proactively manage relationships with prospects, existing donors and internal stakeholders
b. Manage specific projects being supported by the entity and ensure seamless coordination with
c. Ensure timely reporting and progress updates to existing donors d. Adherence to all regulatory frameworks & compliance norms
3. Manage and coordinate access to internal resources towards prospect/donor engagement and relationship management
a. Follow-ups and ongoing communication
b. Campus visits - new and existing donors. To schedule and coordinate events
c. Ensure necessary materials/collateral to share with them relationship management irrespective of financial contribution (with a long-term view)
Skill Sets and Competencies
1. Self-starter and high on Initiative
2. Individual contributor with a proven track record of raising funds and deal closures
3. Articulate and confident communicator with high-quality English language skills (verbal and written)
4. Self-motivated with an ability to work under stress and stringent timelines
5. Good people relationship, project, and time management skills
6. Intellectually curious and creative person
7. Ability to multi-task and juggle several priorities at a go
8. Keen learner - will be expected to learn and understand the CSR giving space, including rules and regulations
9. Must have the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
Reports to: Assistant Vice President - Development
Location: Ashoka University Admissions Office, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi
Experience (in years): Minimum of 10 years
Nature of work: Full Time
Ashoka is an equal opportunities employer. Remuneration will be competitive with Indian non-profit pay scales and will depend upon the candidate's experience levels and the overall organization's salary structure.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.