Assistant Brand Manager - Product Development - B2B Segment - FMCG (3-8 yrs)
Assistant Brand Manager - Product Development - B2B - FMCG
Position : Assistant Manager Brand
Summarized Accountability: To be robust support for the assigned Category, follow the New Product Development Process and adept with Project Management skills
Reports To: Senior Manager - Brand / Senior Manager Marketing
- Be responsible for the assigned category / Product Portfolio.
- Renovation/Rejuvenation of Projects
- Conduct regular market insights to understand the customer needs, identify gaps, opportunities, and feed into the Innovation funnel.
- Category Insights, Idea generation and converting them into NPD roadmaps.
- Build customer & consumer insights through various interactions.
New Product Development:
- Be responsible and support the NPD projects - Product, packaging development, pricing and preparing business cases
- Conduct market assessments & Feasibility Studies for new projects.
- Develop Product briefs with Research & Development teams and cross function teams.
- Support the Market Validations of NPD projects
- Support the Launch Plans including communication development for New Products.
- Support and lead as required the Product launches and post launch reviews.
- Project Network Management and OTIF delivery of projects
- Assist the function for monitoring competitive environment and evaluating product quality.
- Conduct Competitive Analysis on Quarterly basis and implement the action plan.
- Constantly update on new market trends, opportunity and input into the business
- Deeper understanding of the market where market data is absent.
- Work closely with the team especially Trade Marketing, Chef team and sales - having a true external orientation.
- Work closely for implementation of the A&P plans for the Product category, ensure the cost-efficient use of budget.
- Assist for reporting and analysis - Monthly Business reports, category analysis, forecasting for NPD products, market sizing
- Working with cross functional teams / team alignment - need to get the attention of cross functional team to deliver jobs OTIF
Direction to Others: None
Experience & Education: Post Graduate in Marketing or MBA
- Experience in marketing/product management in the Food's or Beverages industry
- Classical marketer who understands all facets of the 6P's of marketing with demonstrated success identifying new brand development opportunities, possible environmental or competitive threats as well as building ideas that encompass every brand touch point with customers.
- Experience of conceptualizing new projects and leading it end to end through the innovation funnel. Should have launched at least 2 national / regional level projects on his/her own.
- Understanding of quantitative & qualitative research tools. Firsthand experience of working with market research agencies to scope new opportunities.
- Strong financial & business acumen with experience of closing business cases with functional stakeholders
- Firsthand experience of working with the regulatory and legal functions in the organization. Good understanding of FSSAI norms would be very useful.
- Experience of leading or being part of the creative process for building an integrated communication campaign for customers
- Practical hands-on approach, customer focused, understand customer insights and creative bent of mind.
- Strategic thinker, good communication and influencing skill. Solution oriented.
- Good communication, team player and can adapt to changing environment
- Willing to travel on short notice
- Excellent business English (both spoken and written) and computer skills