Aspire Technology Solutions - Business Analyst/Functional Analyst - Bank/Financial Institution Domain (6-12 yrs)
JOB SUMMARY :
The Business Analyst (Functional Analyst) has primary responsibility for leading product development activity. The FA's responsibilities include :
- Interact with the Product Owner/SME and clearly understand the reporting requirements,
- Provide Estimates for functional tasks related with the report development,
- Conduct detailed analysis of reports and comprehend the regulatory guidelines pertaining to such reporting,
- Translating the regulatory guidelines into functional specifications i.e. Data Mapping, Allocation Design and creation of functional specification document (FSD),
- Developing the report in proprietary report development tool,
- Collaborating with Technical Analyst during product development,
- Creating functional test scenarios and scenario based test data,
- Testing the reports from a functional point of view,
- Creating detailed end user documentation pertaining to their job areas,
- Providing active support during PVT/SIT/UAT phase and resolving customer issues post implementation.
Minimum Experience :
- 6 and above years relevant work experience where minimum 4 years in a in a Bank/FI (Regulatory Reporting/ Financial Reporting/ Corporate Credit) plus minimum 2 years in IT (Banking domain only)
- 7 and above years relevant work experience in a Bank/FI (Regulatory Reporting/ Financial Reporting/ Corporate Credit)
The candidate must possess the following :
- Advanced Knowledge of Banking & Finance domain - Bank Balance Sheet and P&L / Commercial Banking products/ Analysis of Financial Statements.
- Candidate must display strong analytical skills and be responsible, methodical and organized with an ability to perform to high level of accuracy and have good attention to detail.
- Should be of autonomous bent and a self-learner, assertive and able to make expert decisions based on personal judgment.
- Excellent communication (oral & written) and interpersonal skills.
- Working in a dynamic, fast paced environment under time-sensitive deadlines.
- Working well independently with minimal supervision while also functioning as an integral part of a team.
Preferred Experience / Knowledge :
- Experience with Regulatory Reporting software, Financial Data Warehouse with understanding of Relational databases (Oracle/SQL) in a Production/ Product development environment.
- Experience in regulatory reporting for APAC/US/Canada/EMEA jurisdiction
- Knowledge of Financial Instruments - Derivatives/ CDOs etc. & Prudential Regulations - Basel II/Basel III/ Dodd-Frank/FATCA/ LCR/NSFR/AnaCredit etc.
- Experience in working with Business Requirements and detailing them into system/product level functional specifications.
- Working with off-shore teams (APAC/US/Canada/EMEA).
- Team handling skills - overseeing work of junior/peers.