Asian Paints - Manager - Taxation (2-3 yrs)
Job Title : Manager - Indirect Taxation (GST)
Department : Indirect Taxation
Reporting to : Senior Manager - Taxation
Grade : M6
Location/Unit: Vakola, Mumbai
Role Description :
Job Purpose :
- Responsible for handling GST compliances and related Litigation
- Responsible for working with business team for advising on GST related compliances
- Responsible for working with IT as well line functions for laying down the process for compliance of Custom.
- Responsible for laying down the process for smooth compliances of Indirect Taxes
- Responsible for handling old litigation of VAT, sales tax etc.
Primary Responsibilities :
Business Responsibility Areas :
Key Performance Indicators :
- Independent charge to handle GST operations of certain number of states .
- Understand GST provisions and ensure compliance thereto.
- Needs to ensure zero defect compliances and also needs to evaluate the cost saving opportunities in the role.
- Build relationship with consultants, Senior Counsels and interact with them closely to ensure smooth compliances as well as for handling of various litigations.
- Lay down processes/controls for smooth compliances of indirect Taxes
- Handle the Litigation proceedings, GST Audits, and appear before appellate authorities at different levels for representing the cases of the Company.
- Work closely with the IT/ Systems department to ensure that compliances are mapped as far as possible in the ERP.
- Work with line functions to ensure smooth implementation of GST related compliances in new processes
- Co-ordination with various functions to drive change and ensure that tax related compliances are duly met.
- May have to travel periodically for compliance audits, reviews and litigations
- Build relationship with various consultants
- Support Business in various project initiatives.
- Build a strong team and educate team members with latest updates in law.
Key Interactions :
- Various Business Functions within the Company, Corporate Finance, Shared Service Centre (SSC), Subsidiaries and
Joint Venture Companies
- Tax Authorities, Consultants and Auditors
Role Requirements / Specifications :
- C.A (LLB/LLM would be an added advantage) with two to three years of experience in Indirect taxes with specific focus on GST and VAT related litigations
Previous Experience :
Worked with MNC (Manufacturing organization will be preferred), Big 4 with hands-on experience in handling GST compliances and in giving necessary advice to business :
Functional Competencies :
- Sound Knowledge of GST Laws
- Should have appeared before VAT, GST, Excise and Service tax authorities
- Should have appeared before Appellate Authorities (i.e. before Commissioner (Appeals)
The link provided below will redirect you to a website. Please apply there as well.