Asian Paints - Manager - Supply Chain (8-12 yrs)
Company : Asian Paints Limited (APL)
Vertical : Supply Chain (SCHN)
Job Description :
Job Title : Manager - Supply Chain International - WPCC
Department : International Business
Reporting to : Sr Manager - Supply Chain
Grade : M6
Jobs Reporting Into : Officer - Supply Chain
Location/Unit : Vakola
Job Purpose : Support Asian Paints IBU units in supply chain initiatives in the area of WPCC
Primary Responsibilities :
1. Development of New Products in Collaboration with Sales & Marketing
- To work closely with the Marketing and Sales team to identify and arrive at the different product volumes of Water proofing & Construction chemicals (WPCC) to be launched during the year.
- To work closely with the Unit Sales and SCM to finalize and deliver the monthly WPCC volumes.
2. Vendor Development in Collaboration with Supply Chain Teams
To identify new alternate Sources in existing WPCC Products
- Alternate Raw Material (RM)
- New Finished Goods sources (FG)
- Work with Central Supply chain(CSC) sourcing teams to identify cost saving RM alternates to improve margins.
- To collaborate with the Unit operations managers to study and propose capex's for new WPCC production facility with justifications
3. Exploration of new Manufacturing partners
- To make In House production vs Outsourced strategy for WPCC products
- To look at tie up opportunities with other than existing WPCC local / imported manufacturers.
- To work with unit's local team & Identify competition source of WPCC products and look for Outside Processing Centre (OPC) option.
- To Identify Chinese Low-cost sources or other sources for WPCC products mainly Sealants, Membrane and Cementitious products.
4. Timely Delivery:
- To work with Unit SCM/CSC to ensure RM availability for WPCC products - monthly.
- To ensure AP INDIA exports service level for WPCC linked RM/Emulsion/FG's.
- To monitor the WPCC service levels of each unit and recommend/take actions for improvement.
5. Quality systems.
- To work with the unit SCM and QC teams to ensure the proper quality systems are put in place in the OPC's manufacturing WPCC products.
- To facilitate and arrange for quarterly/Half Yearly Audits in the OPCs to ensure the quality standards as required by AP Global is being vigorously followed and implemented.
- Arrange for training of the vendors and its employees wherever required for the manufacturing of new products.
Key Performance Indicators :
- No of products identified and successfully rolled out during the year.
- Achieved the MTD and YTD VSL and RSL%
- Achieved the Annual RM and FG Sourcing Savings against the Plan
- No of partners/OPC identified and Tie up done
- Achieved the MTD and YTD WPCC percentage Service levels
- Total customer complaints received and days taken for closure of the complaints.
- Supply Chain Team of AP Global units,
- Central team-CSC, CTF, CTM
- Unit marketing & Sales
- Potential Vendors & existing Vendors
Role Requirements / Specifications :
Qualifications Graduate / Post Graduate
Desired : Post-Graduation in Management with major in Supply Chain Management from a premier business school/Graduation
Previous Experience :
- Preferably 5+ year's experience in Production / Planning/Sourcing in waterproofing and Construction chemicals Company.
Minimum Education : MBA
Experience : 8.00 to 12.00 years
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.