Asian Paints - Manager - Safety (2-5 yrs)
Job Title : Manager- Safety
Reporting to - General Works Manager
Grade - Manager
Jobs Reporting Into - Sr. Manager-Corporate Safety
Location/Unit - Kasna/ Manufacturing Unit
Job Purpose - Ensuring industrial Safety at manufacturing plant of Asian Paints Limited
Business Responsibility Areas/Key Performance Indicators:
Safety Management :
- Involvement in review of the safety policy annually or whenever required
- Periodic review of the health and safety performance against set goals and objectives
- Comply with all applicable health and safety statutory regulations
- Ensure implementation of the Asian Paints Safety Manual to achieve its health and safety objectives
- Maintain and continually upgrade health and safety standards at the plant.
- Conduct risk assessments, safety audits / inspections at prescribed frequency and take all remedial measures to mitigate fire and safety hazards, arising out of plant operations, within and around the plant
- Define roles and responsibilities of employees in the safety organization of the plant.
- Keep employees informed, educated, trained and retrained on health and safety to ensure safe conduct of their jobs.
- Encourage employee consultation to promote safety and building a safe work culture.
- Ensure that each and every employee including contractors and visitors comply with all safety rules and regulations framed for the plant.
- Implement British Safety Council Five Star rating audit guidelines and ISO 45001
- Implement Behavior Based Safety Program at the plant.
- Implement Process Safety Management Program at the plant
- Ensure safety Induction program for all new entrants and continuous training programs for all employees working in the plant.
- Ensure safety meetings in the plant and closing safety points of such meetings.
- Appropriate action, in case of a violation by an employee, as per rules and procedures framed for the purpose
- Ensure that all safety equipment are maintained in good manner
- Ensure implementation of road safety Initiatives to prevent incidents outside premises for travel between home and work / while on official duty.
- Ensure Safety of the employees during use of work equipment such as machinery in motion, dangerous machines, self-acting machines, casing of new machinery and revolving machinery
- Ensure that all employees and contractor's worker are aware about work permit system and are trained.
- Arrange access equipment to work at height/ confined space
- Ensure material safety data sheet for all chemicals available in the plant and train all employees on MSDS.
- Control the exposure of persons and the environment to substance hazardous to health, to prevent injury, illness or damage
- Ensure that there are procedures in place for the examination, inspection, maintenance and safe operation of all mobile (manual and self-propelled) plant or equipment.
- Ensure that adequate controls are in place for the correct provision and use of personal protective equipment to assist in the prevention of injury.
- Incorporate ergonomic principles in all aspects of the working environment in order to prevent injury and ill-health.
Fire Control System:
- Identify the hazard and risks for fire within the plant and control them with appropriate measures.
- Ensure that documented procedures and effective systems are in place for safe evacuation of people in the event of a fire.
- Establish systems and procedures for dealing with emergency situations.
MEASUREMENT AND CONTROL SYSTEMS:
- Reporting system for incidents is to capture all unintended / unplanned events that have resulted in losses or have the potential to do so
- Ensure that all incidents including near misses and damages are investigated to prevent their re-occurrence.
- Ensure that safety statistics are maintained to measure the safety performance of the organization.
- Ensure that adequate signage is displayed to warn of danger, hazards, and actions to be taken, safe and prohibited areas around the workplace.
- Ensure that identification of the contents and direction of flow of substances, including gases and vapours in pipes and vessels.
1. Covering 100 % employees for induction
2. No violation with permit / LOTO system
3. 100 % reporting of incidents
4. Attending assigned safety meetings
5. Participation in assigned HIRA
6. Training 1 man-day/ year
7. 100 % compliance with legal portal
8. Safety week celebration each year
9. All time availability of appropriate PPEs
10. Zero Reportable accident/ Dangerous occurrence at site
11. Zero NC in safety audits
12. 100 % compliance with statutory requirements
13. Achieve targets on following AP Metrics
a. Total Recordable Frequency rate (TRFR) & Total Severity rate (TSR) for the site
b. Process Safety Incident rate and Severity Rate.
14. 100 %compliance to promised actions to achieve Causative and Verifying Milestones of AP Charter promises on Safety for the site
15. 100 % compliance to Horizontally deployed actions for Critical Incidents at other AP Plants
Scope of Work:
a) Financial Scope (Range of financial spend): NIL
b) People Management Scope (Range of no. of Direct/ Indirect Reports): NIL
c) Geography Coverage (Country-wide/ State-wide / Area-wide) Plant
d) Corporate Coverage (Company-wide / Business Unit or Function-wide / Sub-function-wide / Other) - Mumbai
Internal - All Departments in the Plant
External - Vendors, Government authorities, Local Authorities, neighbouring industries
Role Requirements / Specifications:
Qualifications - Essential : Minimum B.Tech, M.Tech. Graduation/Degree and diploma in Industrial safety