Asian Paints - Manager - Safety (10-14 yrs)
Job Title Manager- Safety Department Safety
Reporting to General Works Manager Grade Manager
Jobs Reporting Into Location/Unit Manufacturing Unit
- Ensuring industrial Safety at manufacturing plant of Asian Paints Limited
Business Responsibility Areas
(Please detail out at least 8-10 responsibility areas) Key Performance Indicators
Safety Management :
- Involvement in review of the safety policy annually or whenever required
- Periodic review of the health and safety performance against set goals and objectives
- Comply with all applicable health and safety statutory regulations
- Ensure implementation of the Asian Paints Safety Manual to achieve its health and safety objectives
- Maintain and continually upgrade health and safety standards at the plant.
- Conduct risk assessments, safety audits / inspections at prescribed frequency and take all remedial measures to mitigate fire and safety hazards, arising out of plant operations, within and around the plant
- Define roles and responsibilities of employees in the safety organization of the plant.
- Keep employees informed, educated, trained and retrained on health and safety to ensure safe conduct of their jobs.
- Encourage employee consultation to promote safety and building a safe work culture.
- Ensure that each and every employee including contractors and visitors comply with all safety rules and regulations framed for the plant.
- Implement Behavior Based Safety Program at the plant.
- Ensure safety Induction program for all new entrants and continuous training programs for all employees working in the plant.
- Ensure safety meetings in the plant and closing safety points of such meetings.
- Appropriate action, in case of a violation by an employee, as per rules and procedures framed for the purpose
- Ensure that all safety equipment are maintained in good manner
- Ensure Safety of the employees during use of work equipment such as machinery in motion, dangerous machines, self-acting machines, casing of new machinery and revolving machinery
- Ensure that all employees and contractor's worker are aware about work permit system and are trained.
- Arrange access equipment to work at height/ confined space
- Ensure material safety data sheet for all chemicals available in the plant and train all employees on MSDS.
- Control the exposure of persons and the environment to substance hazardous to health, to prevent injury, illness or damage
- Ensure that there are procedures in place for the examination, inspection, maintenance and safe operation of all mobile (manual and self-propelled) plant or equipment.
- Ensure that adequate controls are in place for the correct provision and use of personal protective equipment to assist in the prevention of injury.
- Incorporate ergonomic principles in all aspects of the working environment in order to prevent injury and ill-health.
Fire Control System
- Identify the hazard and risks for fire within the plant and control them with appropriate measures.
- Ensure that documented procedures and effective systems are in place for safe evacuation of people in the event of a fire.
- Establish systems and procedures for dealing with emergency situations.
MEASUREMENT AND CONTROL SYSTEMS
- Reporting system for incidents is to capture all unintended / unplanned events that have resulted in losses or have the potential to do so
- Ensure that all incidents including near misses and damages are investigated to prevent their re-occurrence.
- Ensure that safety statistics are maintained to measure the safety performance of the organization.
- Ensure that adequate signage is displayed to warn of danger, hazards, and actions to be taken, safe and prohibited areas around the workplace.
- Ensure that identification of the contents and direction of flow of substances, including gases and vapours in pipes and vessels.
1. Covering 100 % employees for induction
2. No violation with permit / LOTO system
3. 100 % reporting of incidents
4. Attending assigned safety meetings
5. Participation in assigned HIRA
6. Training 1 man-day/ year
7. 100 % compliance with legal portal
8. Safety week celebration each year
9. All time availability of appropriate PPEs
10. Zero Reportable accident/ Dangerous occurrence at site
11. Zero NC in safety audits
12. 100 % compliance with statutory requirements
Scope of Work
a) Financial Scope (Range of financial spend): NIL
b) People Management Scope (Range of no. of Direct/ Indirect Reports): NIL
c) Geography Coverage (Country-wide/ State-wide / Area-wide) Plant
d) Corporate Coverage (Company-wide / Business Unit or Function-wide / Sub-function-wide / Other): - Mumbai
Internal - All Departments in the Plant
External - Vendors, Government authorities, Local Authorities
Role Requirements / Specifications
- Graduation and diploma in Industrial safety
- Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical
Previous Experience Essential
Should have 1-2 yrs experience in industrial safety
Preferably in process safety.
Functional Competencies - Safety
Behavioral Competencies - Team building
Additional Requirements - Willing to learn