Asian Paints - Manager - Human Resources (1-5 yrs)
Manager - HR
Role description :
- Handle ER/ IR responsibility with respect to employee welfare, employee grievance management, disciplinary control, union management and liaisoning with external stake holders.
- Responsible for HR administrative processes such as time office & payroll, security and gate control , facilities management, contract labour management , labour law compliances and attending to statutory notices / legal cases.
- Support Senior Manager - Plant Personnel in handling industrial relations in the plant.
Primary responsibilities :
Time office & Payroll :
- Monitor & Review time office activities for correct attendance management and timely resolution of employee grievances in this area.
- Ensure right processes are put in place for attendance management of contract labour.
- Review and ensure that payroll process for operators, staff and managerial cadre are runs in a smooth manner
- Coordinate with central accounts to make continuous improvements to payroll process
Security, Gate Control & Facilities Management :
- Provide effective gate control as per manual for securing the Plant property and employees
- Monitor and review effectiveness of the Security team and coordinate with the security agency for changes required
- Assess risks to plant property and employees, build information network with local bodies for identifying risks and accordingly strengthen the security practices inside the plant.
- Identify contractors / agency for employee transportation, housekeeping and gardening.
- Monitor and review the work of these agencies to ensure good upkeep of the plant with respect to 5S in the plant and maintaining a cleaner and greener working environment.
- Provide training to new Executive/ Managers regarding the roles of residency of Plant
Contract Labour Management :
- Perform audit and take corrective actions to ensure statutory compliances in the area of contract labor management
- Address grievances of contract employees shared by the contractor on time.
- Identify Risks and make process changes to mitigate the same
Statutory Compliances & Legal :
- Review and complete PF activities i.e. provide inputs to corporate accounts, submit returns to PF office, conduct PF nomination process, clear PF loans etc. in a smooth and efficient manner
- Evaluate and complete the ESIC activities i.e. Submission of contribution, submission of data to ESIC office, ESIC nomination process etc.in a smooth and efficient manner.
- Ensure timely filing of returns and fulfilling other compliance requirements under various labour laws (PF, ESIC, Contract Labour , Factories Act , Apprentice Act , Payment of Wages , etc.)
- Respond to Inspections and Notices by government authorities to smooth closure of notices
- Update status on legal cases by coordinating with Advocates and discuss way forward with Sr. Manager / Leadership
Employee Relations Agenda :
- Ensure timely distribution of welfare items and conducting welfare events as per the welfare calendar.
- Strengthen the grievance redressal process and resolve employee grievances with respect to welfare.
- Coordinate with other departments to resolve any grievances on the shopfloor.
- Design and implement employee involvement and welfare initiatives
- Participate and support Sr. Manager in driving initiatives in the area of employee relations.
Stakeholder Management and External liaisoning :
- Liaison effectively with local and Government officials, Police machinery.
- IR liasoning with political influencers, Union Leaders and local bodies
- Maintain healthy relationship with the labour office in the area.
Industrial & Employee relations :
- Communicate, interact and understand the concerns of the Union (if any) and employees
- Engage with the Union as the first point of contact for resolution of issues.
- Support Sr. Manager to build action plan and execute the same for resolution of IR disputes or IR situations.
- Be a part of the team which for closure Long Term settlement.
- Take disciplinary measures in case of misconducts. Be conversant with the process of Disciplinary inquiry and legal drafting
- Draft replies to letters for the Union, Political parties , Government authorities and any other external stake holder.
Experience : 1 to 5 years in HR Generalist role in manufacturing plant
Language : Kannada (mandatory)
Qualification : MBA-PGDM (or equivalent) in HR from top B-schools.