Asian Paints - Assistant Manager - Legal - LLB (8-12 yrs)
Job Title - Assistant Manager - Legal
Department - Legal
Reporting to - Manager - Legal
Grade - EE
Location/Unit - Head office
Provide commercially relevant, practical and proactive legal services to the company
Business Responsibility Areas
(Please detail out at least 8-10 responsibility areas)
Key Performance Indicators
1. Consumer cases, drafting and filing of written statements in consumer cases, replying to the consumer notices, keeping a track of the cases and providing MIS for the same etc.
2. Manage and conduct litigation involving the company (including proceedings under section 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act, Summary Suits for recovery of outstanding dues before various courts and defending Consumer Complaints filed against the Company before various forums. Co ordinating with the advocates for filing the cases within limitation and keeping a continuous follow up of the cases.
3. Advisory: Providing legal advise on various legal issues raised from the business and guide the business on how to handle a particular issue.
4. Drafting of agreements as and when referred.
1. Provide timely support to the Distribution, Supply and logistics functions including Manufacturing units
2. Recovery matters - draft/issue legal notices for outstanding dues with vendors/dealers
3. Consumer matters- draft reply to consumer complaints, written statements, consumer communication etc.
4. Regular market visit to dealers in outstanding and for ensuring service of summons in some cases.
Working knowledge of legal portals:
1. Circulate MIS on status of recovery cases
2. Coordinate with other functions/users on issues and resolutions regarding portal
3. Maintain and update litigation statement
Scope of Work
a) Financial Scope (Range of financial spend): NA
b) People Management Scope (Range of no. of Direct/ Indirect Reports): NA
c) Geography Coverage (Country-wide/ State-wide / Area-wide) - State wide/area wide
d) Corporate Coverage (Company-wide / Business Unit or Function-wide / Sub-function-wide / Other): Business units/function wide
Sales, Commercial, Supply chain, Marketing, Customer Centricity, SSC
Solicitors and Lawyers
Degree in law from a recognised university (GLC/ Symbiosis Pune/ ILS Pune/ NLUs)
- Working knowledge of legal portals/litigation portal
Essential - 2-4 years
Desired - Work experience with a recognised law firm/company in recovery profile
- Robust knowledge of local laws and regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively convey legal advice and documentation in a commercially sound and relevant manner
- Building successful partnerships
- Impactful communication
- Execution Excellence
- Customer centricity
Minimum Education - BBA LLB, LLB
Experience - 8.00 to 12.00 years
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well